PDA

View Full Version : Deal on HTC mobile bases

Cary Swoveland
02-22-2007, 1:20 PM
If you need any mobile bases, HTC is having a closeout on some of its products. I don't know if it's a one-time deal or a regular offering, but I was happy to pay $144 for five univeral bases, including shipping.

http://www.htcproductsinc.com/closeout.html

The sale is described as follows:

"HTC is liquidating its original standard-duty Mobile Bases and other products. Any and all items found on this liquidation page are refurbished or original model designs that cannot be sold through our retooled current product line. The Mobile Bases have the 'knob style brake' system on the fixed wheels. These products are going at 50%-80% off the original price. Help us make room in our warehouse and get a great product for a fraction of the original price."

Cary

Mike Langford
02-22-2007, 4:42 PM
I just ordered two for $64.95 including shipping.....I gave $52 + tax for one universal Delta a year ago from Lowes and still had to provide the hardwood to put it together!:eek:

Good deal.....Thanks for the heads-up Cary!

Rob Wright
02-22-2007, 4:54 PM
THANK YOU! These will sure beat my home made ones! - Rob

Larry Anderson
02-22-2007, 6:30 PM
Anybody know which style I need for my Rigid jointer?

Doug Shepard
02-22-2007, 6:44 PM
Those are great prices. I just emailed them to see if I could get more info on the drum dollys. Cant find anything on their site that has any product info on them. It might work out to stick my DC collection bin on. Other than that, everything I have is already on mobile bases otherwise I'd be buyin a bunch.

Dave Falkenstein
02-22-2007, 7:58 PM
Cary - Thanks for the heads-up. I passed it on to a friend and he bought a universal mobile base and a miter saw stand. Outstanding deal.

John Shuk
02-22-2007, 8:32 PM

Ditto!???!

Larry Anderson
02-22-2007, 8:43 PM
Since the jointer weighs under 300lbs, I suspect the 1000 universal will be adequate, unless someone says different.

Mike Langford
02-22-2007, 8:55 PM
Larry,

Go out to your shop and measure the base (lowest point near floor) then go the the HTC link Cary provided above and the sizes of the bases are shown on a chart with model number and price.......it even list what shape (style) the base is. Pick the one closest to your measurement.

Hope this helps.......

Larry Anderson
02-22-2007, 9:19 PM
At about 13x31 it looks like the 1000 is the best choice.

John Rauch
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Looks like great deal on some HTC bases.

I'm away from the shop and can't take a measurement -- does anyone know the dimensions of the NYW router table (from a few years back) carcass?

I looked quickly at the NYW site and didn't find the dimensions. Would love to get an HTC base for it at discounted prices. Thanks.

Cary Swoveland
02-24-2007, 12:49 AM
Looks like great deal on some HTC bases.

I'm away from the shop and can't take a measurement -- does anyone know the dimensions of the NYW router table (from a few years back) carcass?

I looked quickly at the NYW site and didn't find the dimensions. Would love to get an HTC base for it at discounted prices. Thanks.

Plans for the NYW "Delux Router Station" are offered at http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0301 . (I don't know if that's the router table you made.) The dimensions are given as 46"h x 38"w x 26"d. If that's for the top, I'd think the base might be about 35"w x 21"d.

It appears that neither of the universal bases on sale are quite big enough (but a measurement of the router table base could prove otherwise).

The current model of the HTC 1000 (which could be a little different than the model being closed out) has a 400 lb. capacity and will expand from a 14"x14" square to as much as a 31" square or a 19"x43" rectangle. The current model of the HTC 2000 has a 500 lb. capacity and will expand from 12"x12" to a 36" square or a 20"x52" rectangle.

You could order get either the HTC 1000 or HTC 2000 and either order extension bars from HTC or fashion some short extensions yourself.

A tip for anyone assembling a universal mobile base: hand-tighten all the nuts and bolts initially. Snug them up as the final step. You'll probably end up changing the locations of some bolts during assembly, so this may save you some time.

Cary

Mike Langford
02-24-2007, 1:03 AM
Thanks for the assembly tip Cary! One of the bases I bought was the universal HTC2000.

Larry Anderson
02-24-2007, 8:51 AM
I too ordered an HTC2000, and hope the "refurbished sold as is" doesn't make it a bad buy.

Fred Giordano
02-24-2007, 10:08 AM

I'm using the HTC 2000 on my Ridgid jointer

Larry Anderson
02-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks Fred, I ordered one yesterday.

jonathan snyder
02-24-2007, 1:22 PM
Hi folks,

Does anyone have the universal 1000 or 2000 in hand? I wondering how the caster locking mechanisms work? Does the machine stay put? It looks like when you move those locking levers, a foot drops down to lift the casters clear of the floor. Am I envisioning things correctly?

Thanks
Jonathan

Fred Giordano
02-24-2007, 1:55 PM
Hi folks,

Does anyone have the universal 1000 or 2000 in hand? I wondering how the caster locking mechanisms work? Does the machine stay put? It looks like when you move those locking levers, a foot drops down to lift the casters clear of the floor. Am I envisioning things correctly?

Thanks
Jonathan

Actually the casters do not lift off the floor, they unlock. They are still on the floor but the weight is on the two feet. When you step on the lever the casters lock in the rigid position and at the same time the feet lift off the floor allowing the base to roll. It does not move when in the stationary position.

Mike Langford
02-24-2007, 6:09 PM
I don't have mine in-hand yet and the base works like Fred said, but I believe that these bases (probably why they're closing them out) are the kind you have to bend down and physically lock or unlock the rear wheels via a threaded thumbscrew (which for the price is O.K. with me!)

When you need to move the tool you step down on the lever(s) in front,raising the front rubber feet slightly off the ground, then you have to bend down and unlock the rear wheels by loosing the thumbscrews so they will roll.

When you get the tool to where you want to use it you have to "flip up" the lever(s) in front,causing the rubber feet to touch the ground and then you'll have to bend down (again!:D ) and tighten the thumbscrews down onto the rear wheels to keep them from rolling!

They are still a good deal!!!

Fred Giordano
02-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Mine does not have thumbscrews on the front wheels. Maybe I have a newer model. I bought it about a month ago. When it's sitting on the rubber feet the weight of the jointer holds it solid. I haven't had any problems with it moving.

John Rauch
02-26-2007, 1:02 PM
Thanks for the measurements Cary. I'm headed toward attaching casters to the cabinet rather than using a regular mobile base. Too bad that HTC doesn't have a welded base in the size I need :mad:

Plans for the NYW "Delux Router Station" are offered at http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0301 . (I don't know if that's the router table you made.) The dimensions are given as 46"h x 38"w x 26"d. If that's for the top, I'd think the base might be about 35"w x 21"d.

It appears that neither of the universal bases on sale are quite big enough (but a measurement of the router table base could prove otherwise).

The current model of the HTC 1000 (which could be a little different than the model being closed out) has a 400 lb. capacity and will expand from a 14"x14" square to as much as a 31" square or a 19"x43" rectangle. The current model of the HTC 2000 has a 500 lb. capacity and will expand from 12"x12" to a 36" square or a 20"x52" rectangle.

You could order get either the HTC 1000 or HTC 2000 and either order extension bars from HTC or fashion some short extensions yourself.

A tip for anyone assembling a universal mobile base: hand-tighten all the nuts and bolts initially. Snug them up as the final step. You'll probably end up changing the locations of some bolts during assembly, so this may save you some time.

Cary

Paul Wingert
02-26-2007, 1:36 PM
Thanks for the measurements Cary. I'm headed toward attaching casters to the cabinet rather than using a regular mobile base. Too bad that HTC doesn't have a welded base in the size I need :mad:

Hartville tool has some great casters. I got a set that was similiar to this:
http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/11881

Except mine had the flat plate at the top instead of the protruding threaded screw. Mine locks both the wheel and the swivel. I THINK that one does to, but call them if you are in doubt. I believe mine were $6 or $7 a piece.

I wish I knew about these before shelling out big bucks for the performax casters (even though they are excellent).

Doug Shepard
02-26-2007, 8:30 PM
Anyone here happen to have their drum dolly and have a pic of it? I went ahead and ordered one after talking to them. All they could tell me was that it would work on 55-gal drums which means it will work fine on my 35-gal DC chip drum. For $15 it seemed too good to pass up but it arrived today and of course there's no instructions or even a pic. There's only 6 main steel parts, 3 casters, and a hardware bag so it shouldn't be rocket science but I wouldn't mind knowing what it's supposed to look like before I start assembling.

Mike Langford
02-26-2007, 8:51 PM
Hey Doug,
Tried to google "HTC drum dolly" (Web & Images) and this is the only 55 gal. drum dolly pic I could find.....
http://www.amazon.com/55-GALLON-DRUM-DOLLY/dp/B0006U6COW/sr=1-20/qid=1172540354/ref=sr_1_20/002-6304013-6521655?ie=UTF8&s=industrial

Does that help?

Doug Shepard
02-26-2007, 9:06 PM
Hey Doug,
Tried to google "HTC drum dolly" (Web & Images) and this is the only 55 gal. drum dolly pic I could find.....
http://www.amazon.com/55-GALLON-DRUM-DOLLY/dp/B0006U6COW/sr=1-20/qid=1172540354/ref=sr_1_20/002-6304013-6521655?ie=UTF8&s=industrial

Does that help?

Mike - Thanks. I tried that too. This one doesn't have a ring. It looks like maybe it's supposed to form a triangle? There's 3 longer pieces with some wierd angled ends. Then 3 short pieces that I think are maybe brackets for the caster mounting that must somehow attach to the 3 long pieces. The whole thing shipped in a box about 4"x6"x24" or so. I'm sure I'll figure it out but a pic would be worth a thousand words.

jonathan snyder
02-27-2007, 1:07 AM
I tried to order the HTC2000 universal base today, but they were sold out. That is the only one that was small enough to fit my jointer.

Jonathan

Doug Shepard
03-04-2007, 3:12 PM
Well I don't know if they still have any left but if anyone's interested here's what the drum dollys look like. I got mine a few days ago and got it put together yesterday. According to HTC's site it's rated for 200 Lbs.
Not too bad for $15. I think the S&H was another $9 or $10.

George Lohnes
03-04-2007, 4:11 PM
Does anyone know what type I would need for a PM66? Base only is ok... but would love the entire extension table to be on it too.

And how are you guys ordering if it is Sunday? (it says to call)

Thanks for the post... very much appreciated

Doug Shepard
03-04-2007, 4:39 PM
Does anyone know what type I would need for a PM66? Base only is ok... but would love the entire extension table to be on it too.

And how are you guys ordering if it is Sunday? (it says to call)

Thanks for the post... very much appreciated

Most of the posts are from a week or so ago, so nobody's ordering today (online or otherwise). I only posted the drum dolly pic because that one didn't have any pic available on the clearance page or anywhere else on their site. You'll have to call tomorrow to see what they have left. You might have missed out though. Both of the ones that look like they might fit the PM66+Long Extension (models B1 or G ?) had low quantities available to start with.

George Lohnes
03-04-2007, 5:00 PM
Most of the posts are from a week or so ago, so nobody's ordering today (online or otherwise). I only posted the drum dolly pic because that one didn't have any pic available on the clearance page or anywhere else on their site. You'll have to call tomorrow to see what they have left. You might have missed out though. Both of the ones that look like they might fit the PM66+Long Extension (models B1 or G ?) had low quantities available to start with.

I'm from Woodnet, which is down today. We're a little slower over there:D :D

I noticed after I posted that the thread was a bit dated... but didn't want to send my stupidity to the top again with an edit :p

Thanks for the reply though....

Doug Shepard
03-04-2007, 5:06 PM
I'm from Woodnet...

Dont you need a Green Card or sumthin to get in here?:D :D