PDA

View Full Version : Shop addition finally started

David Wilson
02-22-2007, 11:17 AM
My long awaited shop addition started monday. The guy's got the walls studded up on monday. The contractor had orders from his better half to finish a bathroom remodel at his home on tuesday. The guys were here early yesterday and got the walls sheated.58568
After lunch the rafters started going up58569
By 3:30 yesterday afternoon the wind started blowing hard. By 4:00 it was at 40mph but the rafters al went up without a hitch58570
Hopefully by next week they will be done and I can start insulating and putting up interior walls and ceelings. Voulenteers welcome. Will try to keep you all posted as things progress

David Cramer
02-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Nice progress Dave! Keep'er coming and hopefully next week you can put another big dent in it. Sorry I can't volunteer to help, but I'm there in :) spirit!

Dave

Mark J Bachler
02-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Looking good. Better hurry though, major snow storm coming through on Sat & Sun.

Jim Becker
02-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Very nice, David! Very sharp peak on that roof, too! No snow going to stick to that one...

Ken Fitzgerald
02-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Congrats David! Keep the photos coming.

David Wilson
02-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Very nice, David! Very sharp peak on that roof, too! No snow going to stick to that one...
You're right about snow load. We've also decided to go with steel on the roof rather than shingles. The old part is about 18 years old so when those shingles get bad we will put steel over them.

Jim Becker
02-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Good choice on the metal roof, Dave. I really, really, really wanted to do it for our whole addition project (which includes re-roofing the entire existing structure) but the budget got ugly. So we're doing a combination of high-end architectural shingles overall and metal highlights to deal with the cost.

Steve Clardy
02-22-2007, 1:51 PM
Looks like a great start David:)

James Manning
02-22-2007, 2:09 PM
Great start David, I know how you feel about help with the inside. I have been working on and off on mine it seems like forever. I am at the painting inside stage know and hopefully in the next week or so I will be moving in some tools. Keep the photo's coming we all enjoy them.

James

Jim O'Dell
02-22-2007, 3:09 PM
Good progress, David! Keep us informed as to the progress. Jim.

Karl Laustrup
02-22-2007, 5:39 PM
Looking good Dave. Should have that closed in pretty quick and making sawdust before you know it.

Glad I don't have to put roofing material on that roof. Good for snow, too steep for me. :o

Karl

David G Baker
02-22-2007, 5:46 PM
You're right about snow load. We've also decided to go with steel on the roof rather than shingles. The old part is about 18 years old so when those shingles get bad we will put steel over them.
David,
If the snow ever builds up on your metal roof it can be dangerous when it slides off all at once. Don't ask me how I know.
David B