PDA

View Full Version : Mayan Calendar

Mike Hood
02-21-2007, 10:33 PM
A while back, someone posted a CDR file of the Mayan Calendar most reps send around as samples. Does anyone have a copy of that in a rasterable format? The one that wa provided here was pure vectors and to engrave it would sure be nice to have one that's properly shaded.

Anyone taken the time to shade all that in? :D

Shaddy Dedmore
02-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Here's one (http://www.shaddysengraving.com/laser/AztecCalander.eps), may the distributers forgive me...

It's a vector file, hopefully by saying you didn't want a vector file, you meant a particular one. I feel for resizing purposes and detail, you can't beat a vector file. Sure, some rasters will be adequate, just don't resize it from small to big.

Shaddy

Mike Hood
02-22-2007, 1:42 PM
Thanks, but filling the "in betweens" is what I'm looking for I think.

I suppose I could go through and fill the "flats" that I need to bring down in depth. Has anyone done this in the past? I played with it awhile back, but never made a serious attempt.

It's a nice file to show the resolution these are capable of for sure.

Dave Jones
02-22-2007, 3:17 PM
There were two vector files posted here a while ago. One just had vector lines and seemed appropriate for something like the shop-bot. The other had filled vectors, like Shaddy's, which is more appropriate for the laser.

The only one I remember that had shades of gray to get various depths was a low resolution (relatively) raster image. It was actually a color image, if I remember and the colors/shades of gray were not appropriate for 3D engraving with a laser.