PDA

View Full Version : Hart Wood

Bernie Weishapl
02-21-2007, 8:34 PM
Well I guess I will be the first to gloat. Came home tonight and had 2 boxes sitting at the front door. Brought them in and opened them up. The LOML said oh it's your Hart wood. Sure enough.

Chris Barton
02-21-2007, 9:07 PM
Let the curls fly! Nice gloat Bernie!

Pete Jordan
02-21-2007, 9:12 PM
Is that walnut and apple or is there something different?

It looks great!

Nancy Laird
02-21-2007, 9:23 PM
Bernie, I got mine today too, :D but it's still in the car until LOML carts all 51 pounds of it into the shop.:rolleyes: Now to learn how to turn it!!!:confused: I think I need lessons!

Yeah, yeah, I know I can go to Woodcraft and join AAW. Just don't know when I'll have the time,:( with working full time, running a business, and keeping up a house.:( :(

Nancy

mike fuson
02-21-2007, 9:38 PM
Must be nice Bernie, I have to cut my own :D Looks like there would be some nice shallow ne bowls in there. Good gloat

Bernie Weishapl
02-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Is that walnut and apple or is there something different?

It looks great!

Here's what I got Pete. 77 lbs. worth. The large Rock Maple is going to make a mighty fine HF when the Monster HF tool gets here.

1 Large Figured Rock Maple
1 Walnut Half Round
2 Apple Half Rounds
2 Cherry Half Rounds
2 9" square 8/4 Walnut Slabs
2 9" Cherry NE Slabs

Ken Fitzgerald
02-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Congrats Bernie! That John Hart is all HEART! even for someone who detests horsies

Bernie Weishapl
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey Ken ask him who plowed the snow in his driveway. Ask him how the plow was powered. Hehehehe it was real horse power.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Let me guess Bernie........Amish fella.....horse drawn implement.......Oh...if there's truth in that ..........John's not gonna want to admit it.....:eek: :D

John Hart
02-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Ummmmm.....I uh....well.....they were really nice horses for clearing all that snow.:o

Bernie Weishapl
02-22-2007, 9:32 AM
ROFLOL. That is good John.

Dale Gregory
02-22-2007, 7:54 PM
No wonder I see Sold....Sold....Sold everytime I go to his for sales link:D Bernie and Nancy are buying it all.;)

Lee DeRaud
02-22-2007, 8:21 PM
No wonder I see Sold....Sold....Sold everytime I go to his for sales link:D Bernie and Nancy are buying it all.;)Naw, I got a piece of the action too...showed up on the porch today.

(No, I'm not going to post a picture: one box of logs looks pretty much like another.:p )

Nancy Laird
02-22-2007, 9:45 PM
I only bought one box--Bernie bought two! And Lee bought one. Can't blame us though--it's pretty stuff:D .

Nancy

Bernie Weishapl
02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Naw Nancy I bought 3 boxes. One is full of walnut that he has going now. I am so excited to get this wood as we just don't get cherry, apple, maple or walnut out here on the plains.

Nancy Laird
02-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Bernie, we don't get those woods for turning out here either, unless we want to pay an arm, a leg, and our firstborn for it. LOML and I go to Tennessee to buy maple for our (F--twork) projects (there's that word again), but I haven't seen any turning slabs or blanks at the sawmill where we buy. May be just because I haven't looked. I'll have to check when I'm back in Tennessee in March.

Nancy

Bernie Weishapl
02-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Yep all we have here are Chinese Elm, a few Ash, some Locust and a jillion Cottonwood. So like you have to buy if I want nice stuff. The Elm is nice to practice on.

My brother lives in Rio Rancho. His wife is a RN and he is a registered physical therapist. One of these day when we go down to visit I will give you a holler if that is ok. Be cool to meet another creeker.

Nancy Laird
02-22-2007, 11:48 PM
By all means let me know when you're going to be in RR. LOML and I would love to meet you. Just PM me when you're on your way and we'll clear the decks.

Nancy

Bernie Weishapl
02-23-2007, 9:51 AM
Thanks Nancy. We will do that.

Nancy Laird
02-23-2007, 3:06 PM
I don't think I'll be buying any more blanks from John any time soon--not because of the quality, but because my husband looked at the box full last night and said "Now what are you going to do with them?"

It was the "you" in that sentence that got me--he has the idea that all woodworking should result in something functional and doesn't understand the pull that woodturning seems to have on people (we'll have to forgive him--he's just getting old :D ). He doesn't look at most turned pieces as art, I don't think. He needs to be educated. ;) He has turned two pieces in our entire married life and they are both proudly on display in my home, but he just doesn't have the bug to do turnings like he has the bug to do f---work. I'm not sure that I can fault him for that, though. He's finishing up a set of oak cabinets for our guest room that will create a window seat, and he has built lots of the furniture in our house, so I can't complain about his preference, I guess.

But he's not being very supportive of my growing addiction. :(

John Hart
02-23-2007, 3:29 PM
...But he's not being very supportive of my growing addiction. :(

Ummmm. Welcome to the club.;):D

TYLER WOOD
02-23-2007, 4:20 PM
OOOHHHHH yeah, the not so supportive spuse. I think many of us have them in here. Must be the part that we disappear for hours on end into the abyss. Mine refuses to talk about my problem or allow me to spend money on it. Hence the signature.

I told here I was getting some Hart wood, she about pitched a fit. Thanks for making my marriage hard on me John! I just told here I was saving a lot of money not buying it locally. That helped a little.

Tom Sherman
02-23-2007, 4:34 PM
Well I got my two boxes of 'Hart' wood on Tuesday, Awsome stuff.

Nancy Laird
02-23-2007, 5:00 PM
Ummmm. Welcome to the club.;):D

OOOHHHHH yeah, the not so supportive spuse. I think many of us have them in here. Must be the part that we disappear for hours on end into the abyss.

Do we need to form a support group?:rolleyes:

Nancy

Glenn Clabo
02-23-2007, 5:21 PM
Nancy...
Getting men to admit we need support is even harder than getting us to admit we need directions.;)

John Hart
02-23-2007, 6:44 PM
Nancy...
Getting men to admit we need support is even harder than getting us to admit we need directions.;)

I support that observation!!:D