PDA

View Full Version : How to raster a vector file

Bob Kline
02-21-2007, 8:09 PM
I downloaded a Great Seal of the US .cdr file from the URL shown below. What I want to do with it is to raster engrave it on Rowmark product. I thought that all I had to do was use raster only on my Epilog and it would handle all the lines as such but all it did was to make a faint image of some of it and a darker image of the rest. Is there a way to convert this image to something that would image well in raster mode?
Thanks

http://vector-images.com/image.php?epsid=2720

Mike Null
02-21-2007, 8:59 PM
Try this file. I think the only difference is it's black. I know yours say bw but it sure looks gray.

Carol VanArnam
02-21-2007, 9:05 PM
Bob- check the thickness of your lines. If your line is a vector (hairline) then it's sooooo small you will look like what you posted. Make all of the lines of the image thicker (if you don't know how to do that let me know and I'll walk you through it) then raster it. I really think you will like it.... and this will solve your problem.

Mike Null
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Bob:
If you purchased files from that site you might want to see if you can get an old copy of Corel 8 clipart as I think all of the files are on that cd. Or you can just post your needs here.

Carol's point is well taken but I believe that this file requires really fine lines to reproduce properly.

Here's a pic of the top of a flag box I made several years ago for my wife. This was done on leather.

Scott Shepherd
02-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Also, not sure if I'm correct on this (because I'm new to it all), but Epilog has a CADD driver that basically rasters out all lines, no matter what, if I understand it correctly. I installed it and worked with some CADD files and it rastered out everything (which is what it was supposed to do, I think).

It's on the driver disk from Epilog.

George M. Perzel
02-22-2007, 7:10 AM
Hi Bob;
I'm not sure if I understand the problem but:
Import image into Corel- convert to bitmap- raster engrave
or
Import image into Corel-select all and change line thickness to something wider than Hairline-raster engrave
Good Luck
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Bob Kline
02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I appreciate the advice. I tried converting to bitmap and also using the outline tool to thicken the lines but neither method succeeded in strengthening the original vector lines significantly. I tried to download Mike's .cdr file but it seems to be corrupted at this end. I'm on a Mac and I can usually drag a .cdr file to my desktop and bring it to my PC on a thumb drive but it doesn't work. Mike, can you send me the file as an attachment to an e-mail to bob.kline@comcast.net. And Carol, is there a better way to thicken the lines than using the outline tool?
Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Dave Jones
02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
If you thicken the lines, make them .007" or thicker. Also make sure they are RGB black and not CMYK black.

Bob Kline
02-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Wow! Talk about great customer service. I sent an e-mail to Vector Images explaining my problem and, within an hour, they sent me 2 JPGs of the image with the lines thickened. All this for a $3.50 purchase! Thanks again to all who responded.
Bob

John Ramos
02-27-2007, 9:24 PM
I downloaded a Great Seal of the US .cdr file from the URL shown below. What I want to do with it is to raster engrave it on Rowmark product. I thought that all I had to do was use raster only on my Epilog and it would handle all the lines as such but all it did was to make a faint image of some of it and a darker image of the rest. Is there a way to convert this image to something that would image well in raster mode?
Thanks

http://vector-images.com/image.php?epsid=2720
I like to see someone take the arrows in the eagles left claw and replace the right claw with olive branches with arrows also. I don't think this country is doing olive branches anymore. Just one guys opinion.:eek:

Thanks,

John

art baylor
02-28-2007, 12:25 AM
I like to see someone take the arrows in the eagles left claw and replace the right claw with olive branches with arrows also. I don't think this country is doing olive branches anymore. Just one guys opinion.:eek:

Thanks,

John

John:

Not that I disagee, but this is NOT a political forum!

Art