PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Pics

Ryan Cathey
02-21-2007, 7:37 PM
Just thought I'd pass this on. A freind told me today how to send pictures from your phone to your computer. Just send the picture like you would any other time except type in your email address instead of a number. I tried it about 5 minutes ago, works great!

-Ryan C.

Jason Roehl
02-21-2007, 8:17 PM
That depends on a couple of things, Ryan. First, you have to have a phone that is e-mail capable (most, if not all of the newer ones). Secondly, you have to have the service enabled and/or paid for. If you don't have multimedia messaging as part of your service, those e-mails get expensive quick. How to actually accomplish it varies from phone to phone. I've got a USB cable made for my phone, so I can just directly download any pics to the computer.

Robert Mickley
02-22-2007, 8:58 PM
or like mine, has a seperate 256 meg memory card. Pop it out slide it in an adapter and plug it in the usb port. After that it shows up as a drive.

Bjorn Andersen
02-26-2007, 9:43 AM
or like mine, has a seperate 256 meg memory card. Pop it out slide it in an adapter and plug it in the usb port. After that it shows up as a drive.

........ or even easier? I use the Infra red port on my cell phone, install the soft ware that comes with the cell, place the cell in the proximity to the IR port on my laptop, and they communicate - some cells require that you install software on the computer as well. Then I load up the pics from the cell to the laptop. My kids use their cell phones to share cell phone tunes, pics and games between them selves, without sending them; just via the IR ports.

You can also do this via blue tooth. Works like a charm:)

Robert Mickley
02-27-2007, 1:17 PM
I could do bluetooth, If I had it on the computer. Verizon has a habit of locking some of the features though :mad: Next phone I buy will not be from the vendor. I''ll by an unlocked phone and get it programmed

Bjorn Andersen
02-28-2007, 9:03 AM
I could do bluetooth, If I had it on the computer. Verizon has a habit of locking some of the features though :mad: Next phone I buy will not be from the vendor. I''ll by an unlocked phone and get it programmed

Hmm. Since its a program thats supposed to come with the cell, I am not sure that (at least here) its possible to lock it? I have 3 cell phones (one QTek and 2 Sony-Ericsson) and and only one is a very proffessional one, the other two are cheaper and simpler phones; still they all come with the software and all work with the lap top.... The kid's phones have prepaid phonecards and has some limitations, still they work with IR.... I guess its different "over there":cool:

Cheers!

Jim Becker
02-28-2007, 9:46 AM
Bjorn, VZ is well known for custome "feature support" on the phones they sell. They also have engineered their network differently than the GSM providers, making it hard or impossible to use a generic CDMA phone on their network unless it's roaming from another carrier. We GSM users can just buy an unlocked phone off of EBAY or elsewhere, pop in a SIM and use the phone normally. Not so with VZ. (Sprint has similar, umm...hardware restrictions)

Bjorn Andersen
03-01-2007, 4:33 AM
Bjorn, VZ is well known for custome "feature support" on the phones they sell. They also have engineered their network differently than the GSM providers, making it hard or impossible to use a generic CDMA phone on their network unless it's roaming from another carrier. We GSM users can just buy an unlocked phone off of EBAY or elsewhere, pop in a SIM and use the phone normally. Not so with VZ. (Sprint has similar, umm...hardware restrictions)

Ouch, VZ sounds like they are afraid of the competition?

I know when visiting the US a while ago, that I needed to have a phone that had a system that supported the GSM1900 system. Here we use mostly the GSM900/1800 system. That wasnt a problem, however. Most newer cell phones support the 1900 system too:) Phoning, MMS and SMS worked just fine; but only with 2 of the 5-6 providers that I tried over there.

Buying an unlocked phone can be expensive; buying a locked one can be as cheap as NOK 1 (about 20 cents). However; since we now have so many providers, the competition is steep, and more and more features is available even on locked phones; it just costs a bit more, depending on how many features you wanna use (walkman/mail/surfing/3-G etc etc etc.).

Still I believe that using IR or Bluetooth should not be affected, even if there is a lock on the phone? As long as the software is there to install on your comp, it should be possible to use ports to transfer pics from phone to laptop? Or am I dead wrong?

Cheers!