PDA

View Full Version : Porter-Cable PSH1 Gravity Feed Spray Gun

Matt Guyrd
02-21-2007, 3:28 PM
Great Deal!

39.95 - 15%, plus free shipping = $33.45 http://familywoodworking.org/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005R1IK/ref=ord_cart_shr/002-4096005-3566439?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
Shipping & Handling: $6.91
Super Saver Discount: -$6.91

Promotion Applied: -$5.90

------
Total for this Order: $33.45

Shipping estimate for these items: February 26, 2007
Delivery estimate: March 5, 2007 - March 9, 2007 1 "Porter-Cable PSH1 Gravity Feed Spray Gun"
Tools & Hardware; $39.35

Sold by: Amazon.com

Michael O'Sullivan
02-21-2007, 4:12 PM
I am a novice in the spraying realm. I see in the manual that they recommend 45 psi air pressure (and 100 psi max). What about cfm? A lot of spray guns seem to demand cfm levels that can only be achieved with gigantic compressors, but I am wondering if that would only be necessary to handle very large jobs.

I would only be spraying finishes on projects, not painting houses.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jim Summers
02-21-2007, 4:30 PM
Is about the only thing I can contribute. I just got into the spray gun finishing game awhile back and the CFM issues were a concern of mine. I have an old 5hp 20gal. It would barely meet the requirements of the HVLP's I was looking at. It "probably" will do ok as long as you are doing small stuff and not a bunch of door spraying, etc... But really I think if you can time things so that when your compressor kicks on you can pause for a moment to allow it catch up it'll do ok. When I was researching spray guns lot's of people are using it on small compressors.

Homestead finishing has some nice LVLP guns for smaller compressors.

HTH

Matt Guyrd
02-21-2007, 6:09 PM
Take this with a grain of salt as I have not done a lick of spraying, but I have followed several posts referencing this gun over the past 6 months and many use it successfully with a pancake compressor.

Matt

Dennis Peacock
02-21-2007, 7:57 PM
I have that gun and wore it out. I used it with a 5HP 30 gal compressor and that compressor hardly ever shut off while spraying. I fixed that problem early on with an IR compressor, 60 gal, 5HP.

I have recently fixed that problem as well. I went to Jeff Jewitt and bought a true HVLP Accuspray setup. What a DIFFERENCE that has made. Best investment I've done to date as far as finishing goes. :cool: :D