PDA

View Full Version : Air Assist connection VL-300

Pete Ganz
02-21-2007, 3:07 PM
Based on a previous thread we got in a compressor from Harbor Freight that others here have used.

My question is what type of adapter do we ned to connect into the back of the VL-300?

I picked up what I thought might be close at Home Depot but no joy.

Thanks for any guidance.

Pete

Joe Pelonio
02-21-2007, 3:20 PM
I'd be willing to bet that they sell a compressor which has an hose with end adapter to fit a special fitting on the back of the machine. Is there a lever type thing on the top of the fitting that pushes down, like a release? If so, see if the male end of a quick release will fit it. If not you may have to order a hose from them.

Dave Jones
02-21-2007, 3:40 PM
I don't know anything about your laser. On my newer Epilog the fitting on the back is one that lets you simply insert a 1/4" hose. It has a brass ring that you can pull to spread some fingers inside of it and then stick the hose right in. No mating connector needed.

So I just cut the connector off of the 1/4" hose that came with my Harbor Freight compressorr and shoved the hose in. Works fine.

Todd Schwartz
02-21-2007, 4:28 PM
There is a special adapter that came from Universal. Was not shipped originally with our unit, but since we got the air assist (backsweep) they sent it out to us at no cost. Not sure if it should have been sent originally and was overlooked or if we were support to request it.

Todd

Pete Ganz
02-21-2007, 4:39 PM
We bought the VL-300 with the Air Assist cone thingie so I'll double check the bag with the manual for parts.

I can't believe they would use a non standard connection.

pete

Todd Schwartz
02-21-2007, 5:01 PM
Our piece is a 3/4" long adapter with a threaded female end to connect to your air hose and then the male end with a small rubber gasket for your laser connection.

Todd