PDA

View Full Version : Minimax E16 Reviews/Advice

Bill Leung
02-21-2007, 2:12 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has this saw or reviewed it and has an opinion. I haven't been able to locate anything on this site. Considering this model or the Rikon 18in. Thanks.

John Bailey
02-21-2007, 3:02 PM
Here's a nice review on the Rikon.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=52120&highlight=rikon+bandsaw

Jim O'Dell
02-21-2007, 3:22 PM
Bill, there should be several references. I have one, haven't used it really. I have an issue with the lower wheel tracking properly, but just haven't had time to go through the procedure our very own Sam Blasco from MM gave me to correct it. No big thing, just part of the set-up, and this is my first bandsaw, so I was afraid to do too many things to it at first. Mine is powerful and smooth. I think it's a great saw. There are several people I have had e-mail conversations with about this saw that like it. There are several that bought it the same time I did in '05. One guy had the first one and was the test owner for the saw. He had really put his through the paces and given MM some things that needed to be changed or upgraded. I've never had anyone say, on any of the forums I visit, that they have had any problems with it. I've heard nothing but praise for the Rikon as well, and did consider it some, but lucked into a great deal on the E16 when they were first introduced, that sealed the deal for me. Now if i could just get my shop interior finished so I can spend some time working IN it rather than ON it, I'd get this thing hummin' and see what it can teach me to do! :D

Bill Leung
02-21-2007, 3:54 PM
Thanks John and Jim,

I did find a bunch of info on the Rikon 18, I'm currently on the fence (14 inch Rikon deluxe, 18 inch Rikon, MM E16). My main concern is too, having the shop set up before getting more tools. Power and space are two of my biggest issues currently but don't want to make a decision that will mean upgrading in a couple of years. I'm glad to hear the positives on the E16. I know MM makes a quality product and can't go wrong if I go that route.

Jim O'Dell
02-21-2007, 3:55 PM
Bill, I sent you you a private message with some additional info. Jim.