PDA

View Full Version : Pneumatic stapler

Jeff Bishop
02-27-2003, 3:13 PM
I'm going to purchase an air stapler and could use some advise on which model or brand I should consider. Right now I'm looking at the PC, Bostitch, and Senco. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Bussiere
02-27-2003, 3:20 PM
I have used a PC for a while now and am so impressed that I bought a stapler also. Used others such as Craftsman,etc and I think there is no comparison. Just my 2 cents.
Dan

Ted Shrader
02-27-2003, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by Jeff Bishop
I'm going to purchase an air stapler and could use some advise on which model or brand I should consider. Right now I'm looking at the PC, Bostitch, and Senco. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff -

I'm happy with my PC narrow crown.

Ted

Dennis McDonaugh
02-27-2003, 3:36 PM
Narrow crown, medium crown, upholstery? I have had great luck with porter cable nailers in a non-commercial application.

Von Bickley
02-27-2003, 3:52 PM
Jeff,
I have the Porter Cable 1/4 Stapler and it really works good. The only complaint I have is that you have to installed a guard or metal bracket when you switch from long staples to short, or short to long, I can't remember which way at the moment. I would look for a staple gun that you would not have to do this. I have a friend that has a Senco staple gun and it is an excellent gun. Good luck on your choice and let us know what you go with.

Todd Burch
02-27-2003, 5:31 PM
I have two air staplers. One is a ¼" crown (3/8" to 1" length) and the other shoots T-50 staples (7/16")- I use it for upolstery repairs.

Both are imports, "DP" brand. I think I paid $99 each, and both are holding up wonderfully and neither has ever misfired. There's a guy in Houston that I buy from and he also does my repairs when I need them, and, he gets my business for nails and staples. He sells Senco, Paslode, Hitachi - all the big brands. No Porter Cable - he says they don't hold up.

My latest purchase is a Senco FinshPro 25. AWESOME!! I threw the Bostich T-31 away after I bought the Senco.

Todd.

Ken Frantz
02-27-2003, 5:37 PM
I have always used SENCO in the cabinet shops I have owned or worked in for the last 25 years and have had little trouble with them over the years.

I did buy an upholstery wide crown for my wife to use from SEARS which worked real good. Then I bought a 16 gauge 2 1/8 pin gun from HARBOR FREIGHT, but the plywood was to much for it. I believe it would have work if I just used it with softer material and shorter pins. Ended up using the 1 1/2 SENCO finish nailer for the job.

Get the SENCO's if you have the green stuff in your pocket, but don't tie up a lots of money in something you will use once a year.

RUSTYNAIL

PS: the price of air tools sure have come down in the last 5-10 years. When I bought my 1 1/4 1/4 crown SENCO, it was about $200.00, the 1 1/2 finish nailer was $250.00 and the 1 inch crownd corragated/shingle stapler was over $300.00 and that was in the early 70's!!!

Paul Kunkel
02-27-2003, 7:41 PM
:D Well, don't get on me too hard here, but as a Senco guy I shouldn't even utter these words. I bought a Grizzly 1/4 crown about 8 years ago 'cause money was tight and I needed a new one after my Senco walked. Never regretted tha purchase. It's an ugly red, but easy to find amungst the clutter, and has never jammed or needed repair. It's shot probably 15 boxes of staples at what-10,000 per. Wow:o