PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on sandpaper For turning

Bob Hallowell
02-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I while ago someone said the bought big sheets of hook and loop sand paper and cut it up. Well I needed some more disc so I did some searching and found it.
I did not order the whole big sheets but 4.5x4.5" h&l sheets I will cut and make four 2" disc or(squares) out of them. I also order 1" strips of j-weight sand paper for pens and such. they came in 25 yard rolls instead of 20ft rolls like at psi. the last thing I ordered was a bulk 10 box of assorted grit form 50 to 400.

So here's what I got

10 box asst. grits paper
enough to make 600 2" sanding disc 100 in 6 differnt grits
4 rolls of 1"x 25yards of j-wieght paper-- 4 different grits

all for less than $95 dollars shipped!:eek:

You can save even more if you buy bigger sheets of the hook and loop

http://commerce.riverweb.com:8002/shop.html

Hope this saves others money,
Bob

Bill Wyko
02-21-2007, 7:09 PM
Thanks Bob, I just loaded up on s-paper but next time I'll check them first.

John Hart
02-22-2007, 6:36 AM
Wow...nice deal. Got me hooked and looped.:rolleyes:
I'm due for an order right now. Thanks Bob.:)

Mark Pruitt
02-22-2007, 7:49 AM
The link won't work for me. What's the name of the business you purchased from?

Bill Grumbine
02-22-2007, 8:48 AM
Mark, the company name is Industrial Abrasives, and they are just down the road from me in Reading PA. I have been using their Rhynogrip hook and loop for a while now. It is very nice stuff.

Bill

TYLER WOOD
02-22-2007, 10:27 AM
klingspor's web site has something similar except it's not hook and loop. Just plain old sand paper remnant rolls. I bought a box about 2 years ago and still am tring to go through it. Massive ammounts for 20-30. Comes in variety of grits, great for hand sanding, or sanding on the lathe, either or!!!

Glenn Hodges
02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
That is where I buy mine, and I have turned a lot of turners on to it also. This paper stays sharper longer than any I have ever found. I am doing a demo tonight and I will tell them about it also (if they ask).