PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw X3 Powerclipped Vector Problem

Perry Brock
02-21-2007, 10:30 AM
I have a vector cutout drawing that is too big for My Trotec Speedy. I powerclip it into 3 sections sized for the machine then ungroup the sections and save each section on a seperate page.

When I print to the Trotec using Job Control 6.3.1 vector lines outside the powerclipped section appear in the Trotec view but are not visible from the Corel veiw. The laser wants to process these lines and causes overtravel problems

Does anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

Perry Brock aka TnTroutBum

Jerry Allen
02-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Two possible solutions:
1) under the Tools menu, Options, Global, Printing/Driver Compatabilty, there is a setting: "Use software clipping for fills". Select your Trotec from the drop down and enable that setting.

2) in the Print dialog box, Misc tab, there is a checkbox for "Rasterize entire page" with an accompanying rez setting.

Mike Null
02-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Is it possible to replicate the drawing in Corel then use the virtual segment delete tool to make each section and cut from the replicated drawing.

Have you looked at the drawing in object manager to check all layers and elements?

Just grasping at straws here.

Perry Brock
02-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Jerry,

Thanks for the good advice. It solved my problem.

PLB

Mike Null
02-21-2007, 1:31 PM
Glad you got it solved.

Jerry:
Just what did you do with that "use software clipping for fills" setting?

Thanks,

Jerry Allen
02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Mike,
I don't really understand the question.
I had a similar problem using pattern fills in powerclips.
Corel sends HPGL or PCL messages to the driver which doesn't always work correctly. I used to have a similar problem using HP plotting machines at work. Extraneous lines, etc. My drafting platform had a setting to compensate for that, hardware or software curves and fills for HPGL machines. When I had a similar problem with powerclip I took a wild assed guess and it worked. Documentation about this problem is very sparse.

Mike Null
02-23-2007, 2:08 PM
Jerry,
Thanks, I was confused as to what that setting really did. Now that you've explained it I understand it better. I'm not sure that I'll use it but at least I know it's there.