PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit: A couple of Cheeseheads...

Jim Becker
02-20-2007, 11:26 PM
So what does one do when one gets to trundle off to tropical Milwaulkee for business meeting? Why...you hook up with a couple of genuine Cheeseheads for some great conversation. Oh, and food and beverage, too.

I had the absolute pleasure of spending a few hours with John Miliunus and Karl Laustrup last night before placing myself in the total care of my mistress, Marri Ott for the rest of the evening. Although we talked a little about woodworking, the majority of the conversation was about family and other things...you know, "guy talk". :) And I should mention that these two effectively drove two hours each way...I guess I'll be putting a few miles on a rental car should I get up that way again. :eek: It will be my turn to make the "big commute".

Anyway, to prove it was real, here's a couple pictures.

David Cramer
02-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Sounds like a fun time was had by all, but..................John I am so jealous. Hair like that on a man over 40 should be :eek: illegal, I tell ya!! You're killing me. I am in my 30's and wish mine was that thick and long. I'm not bald, "not that there's anything wrong with that", I'm just down right jealous! Glad you guys had fun and got to meet.

Dave

Bob Michaels
02-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey guys, like they say, "It just doesn't get any better." Looks like everyone had a great time.

Frank Chaffee
02-20-2007, 11:46 PM
One more time please Jim… Who is that skinny longhair wearing a white Creeker shirt??? He sorta looks familiar.:cool:

Glad you all had a good time.:)

John Miliunas
02-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Well, up until now, all my visits with fellow Creekers has been nothing short of great. Yesterday evening's visit with Jim and Karl was certainly no exception! :) It was great getting a bit more insight to the guy with all that MM in his shop! :D

But, as Jim indicated, much of the talk revolved around family. When you see him post (proud as a peacock!) about accomplishments with his two girls, he can do so with a LOT of pride! Yup, he and his bride are to be commended.

Anyhow, Jim, thanks for sharing what little free time you had with us and for the great meal. It was indeed a great time! :) :cool:

Jim Becker
02-20-2007, 11:58 PM
John I am so jealous. Hair like that on a man over 40 should be :eek: illegal, I tell ya!!
Although mine is now a bit shorter than John's due to a "daughters' request", I'll be 50 in about a week and a half and have had long hair for about 20 years! My father once said that I have the same amount of hair as I had when I was a teenager...it's just farther back on my head. :D

David Wilson
02-21-2007, 4:36 AM
Jim
I've had the pleasure of meeting both those cheeseheads and wish I could have been there. Looks like a real good time was had by all.

lou sansone
02-21-2007, 4:48 AM
always nice when the creekers get together

lou

Karl Laustrup
02-21-2007, 6:16 AM
What a great "Creeker" visit. The time seemed to fly by, as all things enjoyable do.

Some talk about WW'ing and the impending addition to the Becker's home, but mostly, and quite enjoyably, about the girls and their progress, as they adjust to a loving family. A proud dad talking about his "girls". That's what I saw.

Thanks for the opportunity to share Jim. And as always, Spring, a most enjoyable "trip".:)

Karl

Bart Leetch
02-21-2007, 11:08 AM
My first thought was it either has to be John or Karl looks like you had fun.

Jerry Olexa
02-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Jim, you were in pretty risky territory with those 2 characters. Two of my favorite people. Sure y'all had a pleasant time except Karl talks too much:D :) . That's great.. Thanks for pics. I guess it really happened:)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Congrats! All three of you are on my list of folks withwhom I'd like to shake hands! I'm envious!:o

John Miliunas
02-21-2007, 11:23 AM
John I am so jealous. Hair like that on a man over 40 should be :eek: illegal, I tell ya!! You're killing me. I am in my 30's and wish mine was that thick and long. I'm not bald, "not that there's anything wrong with that", I'm just down right jealous! Glad you guys had fun and got to meet.

Dave

David, don't be jealous! A bit over a year ago, I was helplessly losing hair, literally by the handfulls, due to a health issue. Once that got resolved, I figured I'd treat myself to a long head of hair one more time before I head completely over the hill! :D The long part is coming off this Spring! :) :cool:

Stephen Clem
02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Although mine is now a bit shorter than John's due to a "daughters' request", I'll be 50 in about a week and a half and have had long hair for about 20 years! My father once said that I have the same amount of hair as I had when I was a teenager...it's just farther back on my head. :D
The correct term for this doo is known as the "Skullet" I believe...

Mark Cothren
02-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Looks like you guys were havin' some fun... especially Karl... what the heck kinda girly drink came in that funny lookin' glass, Karl? ;) :D

Art Mulder
02-21-2007, 12:38 PM
My father once said that I have the same amount of hair as I had when I was a teenager...it's just farther back on my head. :D

My dad has had a "horseshoe hairdo" since his late 20's, and is now getting close to 80, and is pretty darn healthy, as is my mom.

If losing some hair is the worst thing I have to face (for a while) as I age, I ain't gonna complain. :cool:

Sounds like a great time was had. I still haven't managed a creeker visit, but it's on my todo list.

Karl Laustrup
02-21-2007, 1:44 PM
Looks like you guys were havin' some fun... especially Karl... what the heck kinda girly drink came in that funny lookin' glass, Karl? ;) :D

I'm a sucker for a good Margarita and that one was pretty good. I'm not supposed to drink [diabetes] so when I do cheat I like to get my monies worth. My other choice would have been a Stoli's rocks or a good draft beer like Spotted Cow.

Karl

John Miliunas
02-21-2007, 1:54 PM
a good draft beer like Spotted Cow.

Karl

YES! And I can vouche for the Spotted Cow being quite good over there, thank you! :D :cool:

David Cramer
02-21-2007, 7:10 PM
Just having a little envious fun with ya John. Sorry about the prior health issues. Glad things are looking up for you now. Heck, I'd grow it that long if I could, just for the sake of "being able" to grow it that long. Take care!

Dave

Dennis Peacock
02-21-2007, 8:15 PM
Ok....I'm jealous......Hope each of you had a really nice visit. Sure wish I could have been there. ;)

John Miliunas
02-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Just having a little envious fun with ya John. Sorry about the prior health issues. Glad things are looking up for you now. Heck, I'd grow it that long if I could, just for the sake of "being able" to grow it that long. Take care!

Dave

Thanks, David. Yeah, it is kinda' nice to "being able" to do it. My grandfather had a full head of hair into his late 70's. The health issues are here to stay but, we've got a good handle on that, as well and I'm feeling great! Thanks again! :) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
02-21-2007, 11:27 PM
.... before I head completely over the hill! ..... Umm. This implies an event yet to take place. Word on the street (and out by the corded curded cheese contraption) is that - for you - this occured on July 44th, 1983.

Jerry Olexa
02-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Umm. This implies an event yet to take place. Word on the street (and out by the corded curded cheese contraption) is that - for you - this occured on July 44th, 1983.

Nah, Andy...John's a young guy...Not a day over 70:D :) .Seriously, John, happy to hear your health issues are under control. Now, where's the cheese?