PDA

View Full Version : Superduper Gloat!

Kurt Rosenzweig
02-20-2007, 8:49 PM
I just received my auction piece from Jim Ketron! Let me tell you that the picture doesn't even come close to doing it Justice! The finish is absolutely unbelievable and it's a joy to hold in your hands! I set it on top of the TV and stepped back to take another look and my wife walked over and picked it up and said ( Are you crazy! That's not a safe place for this!) It now resides in her curio cabinet till I get done building the wall of shelves I've been promising her. This is by far the best piece in my collection to date! Thank you Jim! I took your kind note and folded it up and placed it inside the vessel! You the man!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=56243&d=1169994666

Bill Wyko
02-20-2007, 8:53 PM
Man, Jim does some of the most beautiful hollowforms around. I don't know what you paid but it was worth it. Beautiful piece.

Keith Burns
02-20-2007, 9:18 PM
Congrats Kurt !!! Jim is one fine turner for sure. I have a couple of his pieces and I honestly hope to attain his quality some day.

Jim Ketron
02-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Thank you all, and I'm glad you liked it Kurt!:D
Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Yup! There's a lot of Creeker's I'd like to add to my collection!

Barry Stratton
02-21-2007, 1:48 PM
Good for you Kurt, that is one fine piece! Not only is that Ketron guy a GREAT turner, but he is always willing to help folks out too.

Yup! There's a lot of Creeker's I'd like to add to my collection!

I agree with you Ken, but, based on their avatars, you'll need to buy a few capes for the mounts.......

Nancy Laird
02-21-2007, 2:01 PM
Kurt,

Congratulations on getting this piece. It's a beauty and I have to agree that there are a lot of Creeker's I'd like to add to my collection, Jim being one of them. Maybe next year...

Beautiful job, Jim!!

Nancy