PDA

View Full Version : Submariner logo or patch design

Tom Cullen
02-20-2007, 7:16 PM
Wouild anyone have an eps or bitmap of a submariner logo? I believe it's two dolphins nose to nose?

Thanks all
Tom

Joe Pelonio
02-20-2007, 7:59 PM
Is it this one? (not the greatest quality)

Belinda Barfield
02-20-2007, 8:00 PM

Is this what you are looking for?

Lee DeRaud
02-20-2007, 8:03 PM
Start here:
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/cno/n87/n77.html
I think you're looking for the logo on the top of the banner.

Tom Cullen
02-20-2007, 8:04 PM
You guys are GREAT! thats the one. I'm doing a photo album cover for a friend who passed away over Christmas to give to his wife. Thank you, you made my day.

Tom

Mike Cutler
02-20-2007, 8:17 PM
Tom.
Possibly a few more things to consider for the project.

That pin is affectionately known as "Dolphins", and is awarded upon completion of qualification on a submarine. In addition to that pin, there is also a "Boomer" pin. A replica of a fleet ballistic submarine( SSBN. A ship capable of carrying nuclear weapons.) "Boomer Sailors" wore dolphins and a boomer pin. Diesel boat sailors had another type of pin.

If you would like a real set of dolphins. Let me know and I'll send you a pair.

A former "Boomer Sailor".;)

PS. I also am unwittingly a member of SubVets. One of my former "buddies" thought he'd sign me up for "fun". If you know the ship(s) he was on, I may be able to get you the ships patch(es), or send you to the correct page.

Bill Cunningham
02-20-2007, 9:21 PM
I think it's the "boomer' pin thats in the corel artwork book in a .cdr file.. (I have it in the corel 8 book anyway) Used it when I was doing some QSL Cards for a SubVet Ham a few years ago..

Tom Cullen
02-20-2007, 9:44 PM
Hi Mike,
Thank you for the very kind offer. I believe looking at the old photos that he may have been on a diesel sub? he was pretty young then. I also recall him wearing a jacket with the dolphin patch on back, so right now I think the jpg's in the thread look right? I really just need to burn it on the cover of a wood photo album that I will fill with pic's of him in days gone by.
Thanks so very much
Tom

Tom Cullen
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I tried to upload these in my last post but guess they were too big.

Tom