PDA

View Full Version : Text help

John Hardage
02-20-2007, 7:13 PM
This should be simple, but it's kicking my butt today. Anyone able to figure out how to take the lines inside the letters and leave it all intact? The end goal is for this to be a one-piece acrylic cutout. I'm using Corel X3

Joseph B. Chritz
02-20-2007, 8:40 PM
Hi John,
If this is what you're looking for,then
with the picker tool put a window around all the text
Select Arrange
Select Shaping
Select Weld

Dave Fifield
02-20-2007, 9:01 PM
John,

First of all, welcome to the creek!

If you meant to say "how to take OUT the lines inside the letters...", you can do this by right clicking the text, choose "change to curves", then, using the segment delete tool (third tool down on the LHS of the work area, hold down your mouse left button over the tool, then, when the row of tool options appears, choose the right-most one), you can delete whatever bits of the letters you don't need. The segment delete tool is very useful!

HTH,

John Hardage
02-20-2007, 9:07 PM
Hi John,
If this is what you're looking for,then
with the picker tool put a window around all the text
Select Arrange
Select Shaping
Select Weld

Thanks! Works like a charm! The only down side, I suppose, is that now that it's cut, it warped upwards a bit. It's in 3/8 acrylic. I'm going to try stress relieving it in it's original cut. Next time I'll cut a little square base in the bottom to hold the shape...Something new every day!

John Hardage
02-20-2007, 9:09 PM
John,

First of all, welcome to the creek!

If you meant to say "how to take OUT the lines inside the letters...", you can do this by right clicking the text, choose "change to curves", then, using the segment delete tool (third tool down on the LHS of the work area, hold down your mouse left button over the tool, then, when the row of tool options appears, choose the right-most one), you can delete whatever bits of the letters you don't need. The segment delete tool is very useful!

HTH,

I used the other method with great success, but it just so happens I need the ability to do this for another project. Thanks much!