PDA

View Full Version : Test only - don't waste your time

Dale Thompson
12-05-2003, 10:29 PM
I'm relatively new to this forum and just checking out how attachments work. If you see the antler pens, be assured that they are accidental. I could never do anything like that. :(
The fact is that a deer crashed through my shop window and stuck his antlers into the lathe. Somehow he got the speed just right and did a decent job. Whatever, he got away so I don't know how to thank him.

Dale T.

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
12-06-2003, 8:19 AM
I'm relatively new to this forum and just checking out how attachments work. If you see the antler pens, be assured that they are accidental. I could never do anything like that. :(
The fact is that a deer crashed through my shop window and stuck his antlers into the lathe. Somehow he got the speed just right and did a decent job. Whatever, he got away so I don't know how to thank him.

Dale T.
Those pens look really nice. Good thing you had the lathe on at the time the deer made his visit. I really like doing the antler and seeing the variations when I get done. Nice touch with the rifle clips, too. Keep posting picts!

Ron

Tyler Howell
12-06-2003, 9:18 AM
You Passed!
A+

TJH

John Miliunas
12-06-2003, 9:31 AM
Whatdya' mean, "thank him..."?! You've got a window to replace, a lathe to clean up, as well as probably some "brown pellets" all over the floor and, if your Dept. of Natural Resources is as picky as ours is 'round these parts, you probably need to surrender your buck tag! And then, you don't even have any sausage to show for it! :rolleyes: Uh, other than that, very nice looking set, Dale! :D :cool:

mike malone
12-06-2003, 10:22 AM

Dale T.

dale
deer me...amazing...
i had the same problem...but it was a neighbor's steer...and he backed in thru the window. one hoof went into the DC for the table saw and another went into the collector for the drill press.
completely quartered the little fellow.
on hot days we can still detect a whiff of er...hamburger.

nice job on the writing instuments!!!! and welcome
mike

Dale Thompson
12-06-2003, 8:30 PM
Whatdya' mean, "thank him..."?! You've got a window to replace, a lathe to clean up, as well as probably some "brown pellets" all over the floor and, if your Dept. of Natural Resources is as picky as ours is 'round these parts, you probably need to surrender your buck tag! And then, you don't even have any sausage to show for it! :rolleyes: Uh, other than that, very nice looking set, Dale! :D :cool:

John,
I don't hunt so I only have to worry about the "other" stuff that you mentioned. I don't mind the damage if I can find the deer. I have two questions for him: How did he get the lid off the EEE Polish and HOW DID HE GET INTO THE HOUSE AT TWO O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING WITHOUT WAKING MY WIFE?? If I could get an answer to that one, he'd get a lifetime supply of apples, corn, barley and oats. :D

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
12-06-2003, 8:37 PM
The antler sets are a real hit. I've got a cousin who is a hunter. He won't even show his set to his son, who is also a hunter. He doesn't want them "borrowed" or "stolen". Whatever the family ramifications, that is a nice, though probably exaggerated, compliment.

One more question on attachments. What is the maximum file size that I can use for an attachment? I've seen it somewhere but can't seem to recall the location. :o Thanks again.

Dale T.

John Miliunas
12-06-2003, 8:45 PM
One more question on attachments. What is the maximum file size that I can use for an attachment? I've seen it somewhere but can't seem to recall the location. :o Thanks again.

Dale T.

Dale, just off the top of my head, I believe jpg's shouldn't be more than 100kb in size.

And I'll bet those pens are a hit with just about anyone who lays eyes on them! Real purdy! :)

Oh yeah...Go PACK! :D :cool:

Julie Wright
12-07-2003, 6:08 PM
Simply Beautiful Pens.
Now if only a Deer would show up here. ;)