PDA

View Full Version : evs vacuum veneer pump pics

Dave Malen
02-19-2007, 8:38 PM
It was supposed to take 5 hours to build. But it took me at least 10:mad: But it was worth it . Now I can veneer large panels up to the size of my bag (4x6)
Joe Woodworker's site is great ! (no I don't work for him) and he's quick to respond to your questions. So If you want to save some money this is the way to go. I bought the rebuilt Thomas pump and the builder's kit with pvc for less than $500. Now here's some pics.
Dave

Ron Brese
02-19-2007, 8:54 PM
Dave, I found Joe to be more than helpfull while building my setup. I opted to put mine in a wall mounted cabinet. When I'm thru I just roll up the hose and cord and close it up.

Mike Henderson
02-19-2007, 8:56 PM
Looks like you did a first class job on it, Dave. I'll be looking for some pictures of your veneer work now:)

Ron, that's a great idea for the vacuum system. I wish I had the wall space to do the same.

Mike

Dave Malen
02-19-2007, 9:07 PM
Mike,
It does look good:D I copied your design. (Saw a picture of yours over on Joe's site)

Ron,
That set up is great. Very creative!

Dave

Per Swenson
02-19-2007, 9:08 PM
Excellent job Dave.

We don't work for Joe either but

we built the same style pump with his guidance.

As the kids say...it rocks.

I suspect you will be quite happy.

Best of luck.

Per

Doug Mason
02-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Dave--I'm next on the vacume pump bandwagon. I've been itching to get one for some time. I'll PM you a couple questions. I'm looking at the JWW EVS Multi-Use Pro Vacuum System.