PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Gloat

Pete Brown
02-19-2007, 8:22 PM
For Festool tools, I currently own the ATF-55 saw (sometimes I think I should have bought the 75, but it just looked too big), the larger MFT with accessories, some clamps, and the right-angle "thingy"

Today I just ordered (with permission from my wife) the Domino package with the accessories and the larger vacuum (CT33 or something like that), and the box of dominos. All from Bob.

I look forward to getting that, as it will surely make all these doors easier that individual M&Ts :D Plus, that dust extractor should work really well with both tools. I originally found it hard to justify the extractor when I have a good cyclone, but there are definite advantages to having something portable that will also do a good job with these small tools.

On my wishlist is the 150/3 sander.

Pete

Stan Welborn
02-19-2007, 8:44 PM
All from Bob.

Pete

??? Bob? ???

Also, I looked at the 75 compared to the 55, and like you, thought it large. Though suprisingly not at all heavy. Why would you choose the 75 now? Strictly the added cutting depth?

Congrats on your soon to be new Festool products.

Pete Brown
02-19-2007, 9:12 PM
Thanks Stan

Bob is Bob Marino

The 75, as I understand it, has an anti-kickback clutch as well as some other improvements over the 55.

The added depth would be nice, but I haven't had to use full depth on the 55 yet - I use it almost exclusively for managing sheet goods.

Pete

Stan Welborn
02-19-2007, 9:22 PM
Hmmm, Found Bobs website. Same price as my local Woodworks, free shipping, and NO TAX. :D

Jim Becker
02-19-2007, 9:31 PM
And Bob is "the best" when it comes to Festool sourcing and advice. You will not find a more pleasurable person to do business with.

Congrats on the purchase, Pete! Nice addition to your arsenal...