PDA

View Full Version : DP and Bandsaw lights

Brian Keith
02-19-2007, 4:43 PM
I have a Craftsman 15" drill press(22900) and 14" band saw(22410) both with lights. If I were to use the lights on both machines I would have to use 4 recepticles(2 for lights and 2 for power to machines). Question is can I wire the lights to the power so that when the machine is plugged in and turned on, the lights will have power also so I dont have to take up 2 extra recepticles? Thanks

Jamie Buxton
02-19-2007, 4:48 PM
Yes. You have to be comfortable with wiring, but what you want is entirely possible. You go inside the machine and connect the work light on the motor side of the machine's power switch.

A different approach would be to buy one of those switches intended to turn on a shop vac when a machine is turned on. Instead of a shop vac, plug in your work light. Several mfgs make these things, Craftsman among them.

Richard Butler
02-19-2007, 4:50 PM
Sure you can. I have done that with both my DP and BS. What make life easy is if you have a switch on the lamp itself. If you need to add a switch for the light then that is just a matter of mounting a handi-box on the tool.