PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight Vice

Bruce Benjamin
02-19-2007, 2:39 PM
I'm on the Harbor Freight mailing list and I get coupons from them frequently. I don't have much use for most of them but I did get something today that looks like a great deal for some of you. It's their quick release woodworking vice. I've had one that appears to be identical for a few years that I got from my local, "Western Tool" store. It's served me well and I can't find any flaws with it. Here's the coupon if anyone is interested. I think I paid about $60 so this is a great deal. If any of the Harbor Freight haters don't like this post you can just ignore it. :)

Bruce

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/images/6.jpg (http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=94386)

glenn bradley
02-19-2007, 3:33 PM
Thanks. I may need to take a look at that.

Curt Harms
02-19-2007, 6:55 PM
if anyone is interested in this, check that the quick release works properly. I had one sort of like the one pictured. The flat piece that rotated the quick release "nut" had too much slop in it. It either wouldn't release or if it did wouldn't reengage. The one pictured may be fine but I would recommend checking on the operation of the quick release mechanism.

Curt

Marc Prudhomme
02-19-2007, 8:09 PM
darn,
I just bought that same vice from HF 3 weeks ago for the 60.00

Mike Null
02-19-2007, 10:15 PM
take the coupon and your receipt to the store. I think they'll refund the money.

Bruce Benjamin
02-19-2007, 11:08 PM
if anyone is interested in this, check that the quick release works properly. I had one sort of like the one pictured. The flat piece that rotated the quick release "nut" had too much slop in it. It either wouldn't release or if it did wouldn't reengage. The one pictured may be fine but I would recommend checking on the operation of the quick release mechanism.

Curt

That might be good advice with anything from HF. But, as I said, I have one that looks identical to it and it's always worked just fine. I've also had a lot more good luck with HF stuff than bad but I also tend to really look it over before I buy. There are some good deals to be had if you're careful.

Bruce