PDA

View Full Version : St Paul Woodworking show

Al Willits
02-19-2007, 2:38 PM
Just got a flyer that says the Wood working show is coming to St Paul March 2-3-4.
Anybody going?
Maybe meet and chat a bit?

Al

Tom Saurer
02-19-2007, 3:30 PM
I've been to the last two that they had. I don't see myself going again. The demos don't interest me that much and when you figure admission, parking, and food it costs more to buy something there, if you're not buying something big.

Al Willits
02-19-2007, 3:48 PM
Tom, did you enjoy the first one?
Seems most of these shows get repetitious after a few, this will be new to me, so I figure why not...:)

Al

Tom Saurer
02-20-2007, 2:55 PM
Yeah, I did. For the beginner the free seminars are good. They did seem to push the sponsers product a couple times. That's to be expected though.

I might take a couple years off and then go back to one.

Al Willits
02-20-2007, 3:07 PM
Thanks considering "beginners are me", ought to be interesting.

Tyler you going??

Anybody else??

Al...I'll shower before I go...honest....anybody?????

Rick Schubert
02-21-2007, 8:09 PM
Hi Al,

I'm going to be in town that weekend, so I might be interested. Any more info I could look at?

Thanks, Rick

Al Willits
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Let me see what I can send ya Rick
Al

Try this

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/stpaul

Joe Breid
02-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Al,

I will probably be going on saturday. I need to chack with my son in law to see if he is able to go before i can firm up my plans.

Joe

Al Willits
02-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Sounds good Joe, we'll see what Rich comes up with and if anyone esle is going, maybe meet swap tales and whatever.
Play it by ear.

Al

Rick Schubert
02-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Al, Tyler is up here and I don't think he has internet in the woods yet. I think he's coming back on Sun.

Thanks for the link. I might be interested in the router seminar on Sat morning. I wonder if it is too basic though. Then we'd have the whole aft to poke around the show.

What seminars or clinics are you looking at? I've never been to one of these. Maybe I should leave my checkbook at home.

Rick

Al Willits
02-22-2007, 8:13 AM
Rick, Sat be ok with me, I'll bring the pickup in case you forget to leave the checkbook at home...:D

Maybe meet Joe and SIL there, be a Creeker visit...kinda...:)

Maybe you can stop at my place and we'll take one vechicle?
Not sure where your coming from but no sense both of us driving, up to you.

I've never been either, so any of the seminars would probably be ok, the router one sounds ok.

Al

Aaron Black
02-22-2007, 3:38 PM
i'll be going to the show on sunday its my only day off i'm just a begineer at actual "woodworking" if anybody

Al Willits
02-22-2007, 5:36 PM
Welcome from one newbie to another newbie Aaron, to bad about not making it Sat, but nice to see another Minnesnowtan on the forum.
You near the Twin Cites perchance??
Us newbies have to stick together....:D

Al

Aaron Black
02-22-2007, 7:26 PM
Define close to the cities because,I consider myself close but i'm still a little north of forest lake.

Al Willits
02-22-2007, 7:51 PM
That ain't far at all, consider I'm a newbie at this to, but if there's anything I can help ya with feel free to ask.
Al

Rick Schubert
02-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Al, Should we sign up for the router seminar at 9 am? I could swing by your house that Sat morning. Sounds good to meet up with Joe and anyone else too.

Rick

Al Willits
02-23-2007, 9:33 AM
9am on a Saturday??? are you insane??? :D :D

Ya the seminar would be fine, I missed the part of signing up, but I'll drag this old body out of bed early enough to make it...:)
If you can swing by that would be great, you get to my place and I can drive from there if ya like, also I'll show ya the world's messiest garage then..:)
Don't need a 36" cast iron pipe wrench do ya?? seldom used...:)

Where do you go to sign up?
Want to do breakfast enroute?

Al

Aaron Black
02-23-2007, 1:32 PM
hey Al, Aaron here we should try to get abunch of the creekers here to do breakfest before the show kinda like they've done in other states. From reading the threads it sounds like fun and gives everybody a chance to meet one another.. what do ya think i personally don't know how to post a blanket post or notice here.

Al Willits
02-23-2007, 1:53 PM
""""""""""
what do ya think i personally don't know how to post a blanket post or notice here.
"""""""""

I think ya just did a fine job of posting for a meet...:)

OK, anybody interested in a early morning meet?
Also any preference on what resturant and where??
Rick? Anybody??

Rick and I will be coming from south Mpls (I live close to Tyler) fwiw

Al

Rick Schubert
02-23-2007, 9:18 PM
Tyler and I went to Thunder Bay today and he would like to meet up with us at the show after the morning seminar. At the time though I didn't know about the breakfast meet.

I'd be up for breakfast. Al, I think you can sign up for the router seminar on the show web site you posted earlier. We could meet at your place at say, 5 am, get a tour of your workshop and then head to breakfast. How does that sound? I'm a night person, so I'd just never go to bed.

Rick

Al Willits
02-23-2007, 11:27 PM
If you show up at 5am and perchance I don't shoot you, Beasty will.....:D

Better check the schedule Rick, the Sat router class looks like it starts at about 2pm....

Also seems I have a problem, Just seen I'm scheduled to work that weekend....missed that on my schedule..

If I get lucky I might be able to change with someone, I'll know Monday...sorry

Al

Rick Schubert
02-24-2007, 9:06 AM
Al, The basic free router clinic is at 2 pm, but the $50 seminar taught by Bill Hull is from 9 to 12 Sat morning.

Rick

Al Willits
02-24-2007, 11:48 AM
OK, I'll have to deal with work Monday and trying to trade Saturdays, but I'll let ya know.
Looks like the ticket price is $50????
Seems a bit high fwiw

Al

Rick Schubert
02-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Al,

The $50 seems to be for the seminar and includes admission to the show. I can't find where the regular admission cost is? There is a $2 off coupon on the show site under Savings & Coupons, but I don't see where it says the price of admission.

Good luck changing you schedule!

Rick

Al Willits
02-26-2007, 1:45 PM
This sucks....seems I'm stuck with working, so I won't be going as it stands...sorry, should have checked before.
But you guys might wanna meet for breakfast.

Al

Rick Schubert
02-27-2007, 7:45 PM
Joe, others, Tyler and I still thinking of the show on Sat aft. Do you want to try and meet up somewhere at the show?

Rick

Tyler Howell
02-27-2007, 9:54 PM
I'm In.Going to have to show Rick what Real BBQ Ribs are.