PDA

View Full Version : Sideboard project completed (pics)

Fred Voorhees
02-19-2007, 1:04 PM
Completed this project over the weekend and in fact, just finished it up this morning - mounting the hardware. Our Son asked me to build it for him a while ago when he was glancing through my issue of Wood magazine over a year ago. At the time, he was occasionally moving from one apartment to another. He is engaged now and he and his fiance are living in the final apartment before they buy a home together. I figured that now would be a great time to build this for them and present it to them as one of their wedding gifts this coming June.

Constructed of solid red oak and 3/4" red oak veneer ply and 1/4" oak veneer ply for the panels, it was fairly easy to construct with standard methods. The middle portion of the lower section is to be a wine rack. Been working on it for roughly a month and a half. The one picture is taken from Wood magazine and the other two are of the actual project. Finished it with Minwax Polycrylic. I have used this stuff before on a bedroom suit that I built, but I am ready to move onto some other finish. Polycrylic can not be sprayed and I am ready to move on to spraying on my finish instead of brush applying.

Mike Cutler
02-19-2007, 1:37 PM
Very nice Fred. It looks like a quality job thru and thru. Nice simple clean lines.
Well done

glenn bradley
02-19-2007, 1:55 PM
Wow. That is a nice looking unit.

John Timberlake
02-19-2007, 3:12 PM
Very nice job. Your son and his wife will love it. You picked a good design and executed it well.

Jerry Olexa
02-19-2007, 3:15 PM
Good work, Fred....Nicely done.

Al Willits
02-19-2007, 3:44 PM
Nice looking sideboard, the very same one I hope to build this summer, hope mine turns out as nice.

Al

Joe Unni
02-19-2007, 3:49 PM
Nice job Fred. Very smart looking.

-joe

joe pezza
02-19-2007, 6:21 PM
Fred, very nice work. And best of all, functional.
Thanks for posting pics.
Joe P

Ralph Okonieski
02-19-2007, 7:17 PM
Beautiful job !

Don Bullock
02-19-2007, 7:38 PM
That really looks nice Fred.

Jason Tuinstra
02-19-2007, 8:11 PM
Fred, very nice job. Your "finished" pic really shows this piece off. It looks great.

Von Bickley
02-19-2007, 8:20 PM
Fred,

Great looking piece of furniture.... I'm sure they will enjoy it.;)