PDA

View Full Version : Al Stirt Turning Class

Chris Barton
02-19-2007, 6:31 AM
Hi Folks,

Last year I did a week long turning class at the ACC in Smithville, TN with Judy Ditmer and had a great time. This year I am considering taking the class being given by Al Stirt from June 11-15. Does anyone have experience with Al's classes or demonstrations? The class he is teaching will be an intermediate/advanced class and I think I'm ready for that. Last year I drove back and forth to the center since it's only about an hour away but, this year I do plan to either stay at the center (they have nice cabin/apartments) or very close by. By the way, is anyone else considering this class?

Thanks,

Chris

Raymond Overman
02-19-2007, 8:47 AM
I've seen a two day demo with Al Stirt. I would love to do a five day class with him. He's a nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Andy Hoyt
02-19-2007, 9:24 AM
Al did a one day demo (http://www.mainewoodturners.org/html/june_2006_-_al_stirt.html) for us a while back and ten days would still not have been enough. Do it. He's a super nice guy, too.

Pete Jordan
02-19-2007, 9:52 AM
After lookin at Andy's site, it sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

Chris Barton
02-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys! Andy, that's a great link and it seals the deal for me. I hope the class isn't full yet...