PDA

View Full Version : How do you use your Festool Rotex?

Roger Barga
02-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I would like to hear how others use their Festool Rotex 150 E-plus. I purchased one at the same time I purchase the 150/3 sander, which gets lots of use in my shop, but I've yet to break out the Rotex. Shelf space is limited in my shop so the thought of selling the Rotex cross my mind, but I thought I would check to see how other utilize their Rotex (or not) before I decide. fyi - when I first purchased the Rotex I thought it might be useful for hogging off material, something I seldom do, and I've found the 150/3 with 80 grit does a great job of cleaning off planer marks. Please share your thoughts.

thanks,
Roger

Jim Becker
02-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Although I primarily use my 150/3 for most standing, the Rotex comes out when I'm working slabs and for polishing work. I also put it to good use when I was refinishing a tractor implement...I know, not wood, but... ;)

Phil Harding
02-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Funny you should ask this question now. I've had exactly the same question in the back of my mind as I have both the 150/3 and an older Rotex that I bought on eBay. Frankly, I haven't used the Rotex much mostly because the 150/3 is lighter and does a great job. I've considered putting the Rotex on eBay.

-- Phil

"Gary Brewer"
02-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Roger and Phil: Ditto for me. I love my 150/3 and festool vac combo but found the 6" older style rotex to be a disappointment.
Gary

Bob Marino
02-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Roger,

I am with Jim here. I use it for 80 grit and below and any polishing - just way quicker.

Bob

Mark Singer
02-19-2007, 2:23 AM
It is great with waxes and buffing as I posted in Stan's cabinet. Also I use it for shaping in the agressive mode....I start with the 36 grit which is rough...very rough and end with 320...I love the Rotex

Per Swenson
02-19-2007, 5:45 AM
Fellas,

Don't let the rotex

Below sit on the self.

Its a dual mode sander.

Sure it kicks butt polishing, rules when you want to remove

a lot of stuff fast. But it is also nice and tame in ROS mode

with the vac turned down.

Here are two shots, flattening epoxy in ROS mode and the same

one handed. This is a tool that needs /begs to be used.

Per