PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista with Epilog Drivers?

Paul Torrigino
02-18-2007, 8:06 PM
Does anyone out there have experience setting up an Epilog using Windows Vista? I'm already up and running with a computer running XP and all is okay, but I'm considering switching out the computer to another one I have that is running Vista (because I have a need for the XP computer somewhere else). Has anyone done this yet? Is the driver software compatible? And what about setting up the connections? I don't see anything on the Epilog site. I'll call them before I do it, but I just thought I'd check with you all first.
Thanks,
Paul

Epilog 12x24 45w

Scott Shepherd
02-18-2007, 9:42 PM
When we were in the buying process, we needed a new computer as well, and were told by the rep that the driver for Vista was not ready yet so make sure we didn't get Vista (which wasn't released at the time anyway), but would be soon. I haven't seen any information about it yet.

Boyd Gathwright
02-19-2007, 12:16 AM
.... Interesting, though I don't think anyone on here would know yet, it's too early since it was just released :).

Does anyone out there have experience setting up an Epilog using Windows Vista? I'm already up and running with a computer running XP and all is okay, but I'm considering switching out the computer to another one I have that is running Vista (because I have a need for the XP computer somewhere else). Has anyone done this yet? Is the driver software compatible? And what about setting up the connections? I don't see anything on the Epilog site. I'll call them before I do it, but I just thought I'd check with you all first.
Thanks,
Paul

Epilog 12x24 45w

Ian Malings
02-19-2007, 9:10 AM
i upgraded to vista two weeks ago. i have a helix.
just make sure you have the latest drivers (driver 7.05) and you should be OK
i did have to call tech support for minor help, but that was due to my own stupidity...

Jeanette Brewer
02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's a snippet from the Vista update from the Epilog factory:

Any Epilog driver (rolling buffer Summit, Radius, Legend, TT, EX and current models) that is currently operating on Windows 2000 or XP will work with the 32 bit version of Vista. There is no driver upgrade required.

Scott Shepherd
02-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks for posting that, it jogged my memory. Seems the only driver issue was if you were using 64 bit mode on Vista. I probably didn't say that technically correct, but I do recall it being based around the 64 bit issue, versus the 32 bit.