PDA

View Full Version : is it bad when.... Router problem

russell johansen
02-18-2007, 6:28 PM
Thanks for the previous advice. I opened up the case to my Delta 618 PK router thinking I would blow it out and then check the brushes due to a loud whine. So, is it bad when parts start falling out as you take the lid off? :rolleyes: I don't know much about mechanics but that can't be a good sign.

The piece that was broken into four looks like an oversized washer. It is metal. It was wrapped around a silver cylindar located just about center on the motor. So, two questions: what is it and what do I do now? I'm not mechanical but willing to try. Where do I order parts? WHat part do I call it. SHould I just find a Dewalt repair center?

Thanks

glenn bradley
02-18-2007, 6:51 PM
De Walt's site has parts lists and exploded views for their tool on line. After reviewing that it will be up to you if you want to take it to the pros or not. The parts may be part of a bearing casing. If the shaft was not scored you may get away with just a bearing. I'll cross my fingers.

Rick Christopherson
02-18-2007, 10:57 PM
That's just the magnet for the speed control feedback sensor. If you turn on the router without this in place, it will run at full speed because the controller thinks the motor isn't turning at all.

Dewayne Reding
02-19-2007, 6:10 AM
Russell, if you think you can put it back together correctly, your owners manual you should have an exploded view parts list. If you don;t have a manual, download it here. The Dewalt 1-800 has given me outstanding service on parts.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=5601