PDA

View Full Version : Delta Planer problem

Mike Hill
02-18-2007, 4:27 PM
I have a 6" Delta Planer that is less than a year old. Had the blades replaced at the Austin Service Center a couple of months ago. Now I am having trouble with it feeding the wood through. Even on very light cuts, it stops feeding at times.

Has anyone run into this problem before? If so, what did you do to fix it.
Thanks
Mike

glenn bradley
02-18-2007, 4:38 PM
When my DW has that behavior I clean the rollers with alcohol and wax the bed with paste wax. Cures it every time.

Mike Hill
02-18-2007, 5:13 PM
Glenn: I will give it a try in the morning.
Thanks
Mike

Walter Yamamoto
02-18-2007, 9:04 PM
If you are talking about a standard planer (I didn't know Delta made a 6" one), the Delta Planer I have has an means of adjusting the outfeed roller. Delta specs it at .020 inches lower than the blade. If the roller isn't adjusted correctly, the rollers slip and is not able to counteract the force of the spinning blades.

David Cramer
02-18-2007, 9:56 PM
Just curious Mike, did you mean 12 inch planer, or is there a 6 inch planer that I don't know about? If it is a planer of any size, I believe Glenn's advice is right on.
I know they have a 6 inch jointer, I just didn't know about the 6 inch planer. How old is it and how much did it cost, or does it cost? Thanks and good luck with the fix!

Dave

Mike Hill
02-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Walter and David: Sorry about that, I was thinking of my jointer :) Yes it is a 12" Planer.
Mike

Mike Hill
02-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Glenn: I cleaned the rollers this morning, blew all the shavings out of the cabinet and waxed the tables. The Planer is working perfectly and it was a simple solution. Thanks for the great advice.
Mike

David Cramer
02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm glad that Glenn's advice worked out for you Mike. Happy planing!!! Now about that 6 inch planer..............................:) ? Just funnin' ya!

Dave