PDA

View Full Version : o,o Corel page

Brian Robison
02-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Is there a way to default the page 0,0 to the top, left corner like we need for the laser?

Lee DeRaud
02-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Yes. Doubleclick the vertical ruler and set the vertical origin to your page height (which you set under "Layout|Page Setup...").

Unfortunately, that leaves the coordinates running the "wrong" way: the Y axis runs from 0 to -N (where N is the height you set). It looks ok on the screen ruler, but the displayed/entered coordinates are negative. I'm not sure there's a way to fix this but the drivers apparently take it into account.

You also need to go into "Tools" and do "Save Settings As Default" to make it permanent.

Mitchell Andrus
02-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Post the laser you've got and someone can post a "start" page for you. If you're using a Laserpro, you can use mine. You may need to change the bed size, mine's 18 x 25.

Mitchell Andrus
02-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Yea, negative numbers. I'm so used to it I don't even think about it. Think of your Corel page and laser bed as being the lower right quadrant of a sheet of graph paper.

Mike Null
02-18-2007, 12:37 PM
On a new page (nothing on it) select tools, customization, click on document, rulers; set the horizontal at 0 and the vertical at whatever the height of your table is (12, 18, etc.) click on document and save options as defaults.

This saves for new documents only; your old files will still be at the old settings.

Using this method you can customize your workspace as well.