PDA

View Full Version : Measure Everything Three Times and Still.........

George Summers
12-04-2003, 5:25 PM
goof. I was using biscuits to help align a mitered corner on a toy chest I'm making for grandson for Christmas. It is actually a blanket chest that he can keep til he gets married and then lay a cedar panel in the bottom. I checked the fence height, even took a #00 biscuit and laid it against the joint, marked both sides of the miter so the slots would match. And then forgot to reset my joiner from the last time I used it for #20 biscuits. Put two nice slots through the face of the front panel. Now its remill two boards, glue up a new front panel and mill it to size. Guess I'll have to measure four times in the future.

George

Alan Turner
12-04-2003, 5:28 PM
George

I know that I have done the same thing myself, and so my sympathies are with you. "I hate it when I do that."
Alan

Tyler Howell
12-04-2003, 5:33 PM
Geo,

I've cut it three times and it's still too short!

TJH

Terry Quiram
12-04-2003, 6:34 PM
George

I did the same thing but on a smaller scale. I was making a box out of Cherry and cut through the miters. I hid them with vertical inlays of veneer banding. The corner pieces were to fix the gap after the stupid pine moved and the miters wouldn't close up. The triangles on the lid hid the inlays. This box is the one I practiced my technique. It is pine and I like it better than the Cherry one.

Terry

David Perkins
12-04-2003, 7:32 PM
Terry that is the mark of a craftsman, someone who can make somthing positive out of somthing many would make negative. Great looking inlay on that box you should be verry proud.
David

Alan Turner
12-05-2003, 8:35 AM
Terry
Looks like lemonade to me. Nice use of a variety of work arounds. Haven't we all done this form time to time in one form or another?
Alan.

Jason Roehl
12-05-2003, 8:58 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again, "There are no such things as flaws, only 'character' and 'design features.'" :D

Byron Trantham
12-05-2003, 9:19 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again, "There are no such things as flaws, only 'character' and 'design features.'" :D

Boy, is my stuff full of "character!" :p