PDA

View Full Version : gloat-with a kicker

john blanchard
02-17-2007, 8:34 PM
Just to refresh you first, in bermuda 8 years, stuck hear untill this dec, discovered turning last summer, got a general 25-650 at xmas which i used for 1 week while home on vacation in canada, turned a handfull of pens and brought them back to bermuda, sold a bunch real quick and my boss was interested. Mentioned to the boss about bringing in a lathe to turn pens, he says go for it and wants to sell pens at our cabinet shop, here's the kicker, he's paying for everything:eek: :D , lathe [which we paid $271.00 cda, price here is $875.00], drill press, pen drilling vice, pen press, mandrels, turning tools, mm, etc. We also have over 200 pen kits and blanks from csusa and william woodwrite in canada to keep me busy for awhile.:D The baron is popular and slimlines are doing good, the jr statesman are picking up also. Bermuda cedar is the wood of choice here, its considered rare here so if you got it you look good.

Jim Becker
02-17-2007, 8:40 PM
Sounds like a great plan! And "someone else's money" is always a nice treat!

Bernie Weishapl
02-17-2007, 9:57 PM
John sounds like you have the best of both worlds and they're paying.

Paul Engle
02-18-2007, 6:18 PM
Way to go John....next time Pics , my pop use to say " send your first check that way we know ya got work....:eek: :D but we'll take a pic :D