PDA

View Full Version : 2 part vessel one through another.

Bill Wyko
02-17-2007, 5:16 PM
Here's a drawing of an upcomming project/challenge I'm going to attempt. It'll be one vessel passing through another. I'm going to turn the outer one first with a hole just big enough for the small part of the inner one to pass through. I'll then turn the inner one up to the small part which will fit through the hole. Then I'll turn the top of it separatly. Then I'll mount the outer one to a jig which will align the inner one with the hole and attach the top of the inner one and finsh turning it. Once it's stood up the outer one will suspend the inner one.........I hope.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D I think I'll call it the vortex.(I think I'm going nuts):confused: :) The segmenting is only for illustration in the pic, not what I'm going to actually do. I'll come up with something unique.

Mark Pruitt
02-17-2007, 5:42 PM
Now THAT I can't wait to see! That'll be a killer for sure! I'm pullin' for ya!

Ron Raymond
02-17-2007, 7:40 PM
Can't wait to see pictures...lots and lots of pictures!

Bill Wyko
02-18-2007, 1:44 PM
I'm finshing up 2 late x-mas gifts then I'll be starting this project. I really hope it works.

TYLER WOOD
02-19-2007, 10:28 AM
That's not far off from what I have drawn up for a project after my beginners phase is over. I have a lot of spalted ash that I'm going to do inside out turning on. Then I'm going to make a black walnut bowl/vase to fit inside of it hanging about 2/3 down into it supported off the top by a rabbit in the top of the ash. Then place another strip of ash on top of it all so nothing is seen on how it is hanging. I figured the black wanut and spalted ash would have great contrast and the hanging ceter would just blow minds!!!

But alas my tool skills are not good enough yet to waste spalted ash on yet. maybe in another couple months!!!