PDA

View Full Version : X3 vs 12 problem

Mark Plotkin
02-17-2007, 2:46 PM
I have some scroll saw paterns that are in pdf form. I could not get the file to open or import into x3. I had worked with the file in the past and tried using v12. No problem the file opened and I was able to ungroup and use the elements. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to do the same in x3?

thanks,

Frank Corker
02-17-2007, 4:26 PM
Hi Mark, I'm going to be very vague here because I don't have all the facts, there are programs about that will allow you to dissemble pdf files. I can only suggest you have a search on google. Usually you can import the individual pages into x3 without problems, try right clicking the file and see if it is read only. If it is, remove the tick in read only and then try it again.

Bill Cunningham
02-17-2007, 8:22 PM
Hmmm it must be in there someplace.. .pdf's import into 12 pretty slick.. They will also import into 8, one page at a time, and I assume 9,10, and 11 all import them too.. It would seem logical that X3 would also have that feature.. IF it won't, upgrading to x3 will be a problem for me, because I get a lot of .ai files in .pdf format.. You have peaked my interest...

Dave Jones
02-17-2007, 8:40 PM
I remember reading posts here or on another forum about some problems importing PDFs into X3 if the computer did not have a good amount of RAM. I also remember that it went better if selecting a single page to import instead of importing the whole document. I also remember there being some difference between trying to open it directly as opposed to importing it, but I don't remember which was said to work better.

Mike Null
02-17-2007, 9:19 PM
I don't believe there is an X3 problem. I recently had some files sent to me and was able to work with them. Unfortunately, I've forgotten my method but I believe I saved the file into draw and just opened it. I was able to ungroup it and manipulate the vectors.

There is also a PDF filter in Corel.

If I can find the file I'll follow up.

It seems that there was earlier discussion on this relating to Berry Basket.

Mark Plotkin
02-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Your comments are all right on the money. It is a berry basket cd. In v12 I can locate the file on the cd, chose the open command, a dialog box comes up and asks which page or select all, I select all and the file opens. it takes a couple of minutes as it is 121 pages. I have one gig of ram. once open in v12 i can ungroup and work with the vectors. I saved the document as a cdr in v12 and can now open in X3.

When I tried to open or import into x3 I did get a dialog box on the pages and even when choosing just one, I got a error message and could not get the file to open or import.

Very interesting. I am glad I kept v12 on my computer.

thanks for your comments, hopefully there is a simple toogle or something that I need to do in x3.

Phyllis Rhodes
02-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I have X3 and use lots of PDF files. In Corel, I just open a PDF file, then it asks if you want to "Import Text as" text or curves. I always say curves and click Enter.

phyllis

Mike Hood
02-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Same thing... I use pdf's all the time. Works great here.