PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: Accusquare table saw fence

Karl Knoernschild
02-17-2007, 1:47 PM
I'm looking to upgrade the fence on my table saw, and am currently leaning towards the Accusquare. Due to space restrictions in my shop, though, I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit the 50" fence, or if I'll have to go with the 40".

Can anyone who has the 50" fence tell me how far the fence extends to the left of the blade, whether the position of the fence is adjustable, or whether it can be trimmed to length? I sent an email to Mule on Thursday asking the same thing, but haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks!

Mack Cameron
02-17-2007, 6:56 PM
Hi Karl; I'm not sure if I understand your question completely, but I have the the Accusquare rip fence along with their sliding table.

My rip fence is on the right side of the blade. The mechanism the fence slides in extends about 10.5" to the left of the sawblade. I'm not certain if that has answered your question or not.

Steve Clardy
02-17-2007, 8:16 PM
I've got the 72" rails.

You can set the rails wherever you want, as you have to drill the mounting holes for your tablesaw.
Mines is set for 36.5 cut to the right, and 26" or so to the left.

Curt Harms
02-17-2007, 9:07 PM
I've got the 72" rails.

You can set the rails wherever you want, as you have to drill the mounting holes for your tablesaw.
Mines is set for 36.5 cut to the right, and 26" or so to the left.

You can put however much left and right as You see fit. you do have to drill holes in the rail. I found dowel centers work well for marking the holes. It's a good fence. I don't measure when I set a rip. Once calibrated, use the tape on the rail, set the cursor and cut. It's not as heavy duty as the bies but unless you're really banging stock into the fence, it should live long. If You have Destructo using it, that's another matter.

Curt

Zibby Szarzynski
02-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi Karl...
I bought the 72" rails mounted them flush with the left side of the table edge allowed for a 54" ripe on the right side then cut off the rail excess due to space consraints.

Zibby

Karl Knoernschild
02-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks, everyone. Looks like I'll be getting the 50" fence!