PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a Pantograph

Jeff Wright
02-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Can anyone recommend a pantograph for use with a router? I want to do some routing of letters and numbers and in the future may want to do some "tracing" of various designs/images. I'm looking for an inexpensive one, not something used to operate a business 8 hours a day.

Robert Mahon
02-17-2007, 3:32 PM
I have a Craftsman Panto unit and have used it for quite a few signs.
It has held up well (until I knocked it off the wall and broke the plastic stylus. I'll fix it when I need it again.).

It is inexpensive and can hold a decent size router (I have a 1/4" collet model installed).

It will not carry a big router though.

Jeff Wright
02-17-2007, 3:57 PM
I have a Craftsman Panto unit and have used it for quite a few signs.
It has held up well (until I knocked it off the wall and broke the plastic stylus. I'll fix it when I need it again.).

It is inexpensive and can hold a decent size router (I have a 1/4" collet model installed).

It will not carry a big router though.

Thanks Robert, but I don't see it listed on Sears website. Maybe EBay might have one or Craig's List.

Ken Garlock
02-17-2007, 6:52 PM
Hi Jeff.

There is a Vermont American pantograph at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=tools&field-keywords=router%20pantograph&results-process=default&dispatch=search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-1_tools_28231720_1&results-process=default?tag2=amd-google-20). It looks like the the Sears model, I think.