PDA

View Full Version : Just got the 3 wheel beal system What rpm

Bill Wyko
02-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Just got the 3 wheel buffing system from Beal. It doesn't say what rpm to use it at. It's a little cramped between wheels but it sure makes a beautiful finsh. What RPM do you guys think will give me the best results?:rolleyes: Thanks for any help.

Dario Octaviano
02-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Mine came with instructions for 1750 rpm.

Bill Wyko
02-17-2007, 1:10 PM
Thanks. Is yours the one with 3 wheels on a shaft? I was doing 850rpm last night and it seem to have a little shake to it.

John Terefenko
02-17-2007, 1:14 PM
I have this system also and was thinking the other day of making a setup so that all 3 wheels are available without having to take one off and replace with another . What parts would I need and where can I get them??? I know it will be some kind of shafts with some sort of pulleys. If anyone has a setup like this I would appreciate if you could post a photo.

I hope this is not hijacking this post and if so I am sorry.

Bill Wyko
02-17-2007, 1:21 PM
What if you were to glue a nut into a tenon and chuck it up. Then all you would have to do is put a standard bolt with some spacers on it and screw it in and out for changes. Easy to do too.:D The trick would be to get it perpendicular to the chuck so you don't have any wobble. If you try it let me know how it works. Theres an adhesive called PC-7 that shouls do the trick.

Bill Wyko
02-17-2007, 1:25 PM
I have this system also and was thinking the other day of making a setup so that all 3 wheels are available without having to take one off and replace with another . What parts would I need and where can I get them??? I know it will be some kind of shafts with some sort of pulleys. If anyone has a setup like this I would appreciate if you could post a photo.

I hope this is not hijacking this post and if so I am sorry. Beal makes a shaft w/ spacers and everything you need to put all 3 on one shaft but it is a little cramped between the 3. There's no hijacking here. Just more ideas and info for all to use.:D

Jim Becker
02-17-2007, 1:31 PM
I know that Beall says faster, but I don't go much over about 1200 rpm with my Beall system.

Bill Wyko
02-17-2007, 2:01 PM
I'll step it up to 1200 and see how it works. Even at 850 it sure makes a nice finsh.:D

Dario Octaviano
02-17-2007, 3:31 PM
I don't have the 3 in one mandrel...mine is single wheel mounted.

Mark Pruitt
02-17-2007, 4:11 PM
I've run mine as fast as 1800 RPM and had no vibration problems. Seems to me that you are just creating more work for yourself by running it slower than recommended speed. Gotta melt that wax!:cool:

Jim Ketron
02-17-2007, 5:44 PM
1750 rpm ;)