PDA

View Full Version : Router bits from Pricecutter.com??

Brian Hale
02-16-2007, 9:03 PM
Are the bits from Pricecutter.com any good? I just got a catalog from them and Eagle and they look very similar.

Brian :)

Jim Becker
02-16-2007, 9:27 PM
Same company in a sense...same PO box address; different phone numbers. Pricecutter is the "value priced" line and Eagle is the "premium" line. I've bought from Eagle, but not from PriceCutter.

Corey Hallagan
02-16-2007, 9:29 PM
I have lots of Eagle america bits over the last 20 years. They are nice bits.

Corey

Hoa Dinh
02-16-2007, 9:33 PM
Same owner. Eagle-America bits are in the same league as Whiteside, CMT, Freud, ...

Price Cutter bits are one of the best values among imports. I'd rate them about the same as Woodline, above MLCS's non-Katana bits.

Joe Spear
02-16-2007, 9:38 PM
Price Cutter bits are decent. However, they have a lower quality line, "Buddy's Bargain Bits" which are not so good. I had one of their keyhole bits break on me, and a straight one dulled really fast and started to burn the wood very badly. I have bought some more of their regular ones since then, but not B. B. B.'s.

scott spencer
02-17-2007, 5:56 AM
Hi Brian - I've got a few of the Price Cutter bits and some of their "Bargain Bits". I think they're diluting their reputation with their choice of names....they're both better than the name implies. I view the PC line as comparable with a Katana bit, and the Bargain Bits as comparable to MLCS and other bargain Asian imports. When they're on sale, they're a good value for the right application, but I usually find Holbren's deals are more attractive so that's where I tend to turn for that level of bit.

Eagle is their top end line.

Brian Hale
02-17-2007, 7:15 AM
Thanks guys!

I'm looking for a 2 piece tongue and groove set that has a 1/8" tongue for use on 1/2" material. I normally do this on the tablesaw and it works quite well but i believe doing it on my new router table would be a lot faster and since i find myself doing these joints more and more often, a good quality set is justified.

Brian :)