PDA

View Full Version : Help engraving photo on Alumamark

Russ Hazlewood
02-16-2007, 8:54 PM
My mother is on the board of a new homeless shelter. They are dedicating a room to the memory of a young man who recently died of leukemia. I agreed to donate a plaque with an engraved photo; however, I'm having trouble getting it to look right. I don't use photograv, because we don't ordinarily engrave photos. (I've ruined two sheets of material thus far).

Will anyone please look at my file and help me get it ready to engrave on Alumamark? http://www.discoveryfile.com/larsson/Eric%20Larsson.eps

Thanks in advance.

Russ Hazlewood

Gary Hair
02-16-2007, 9:17 PM
If you send me a 300 dpi image in the size you want the final picture I'll run it through PhotoGrav for you - I wouldn't do this ordinarily but since you are donating your time/materials, I'll donate mine.
send it to ordersX at Xnwlaserimage dot com - remove the X's and replace the at with @ and dot with .

Gary

Frank Corker
02-16-2007, 9:58 PM
Just looking at that picture I can see why you have ruined a few. It's not a great picture and needs a bit of work, it has been overworked as it is and a low dpi. Any chance you can post the original before it was touched up and background removed? I'd also like to know what size piece of alumark are you going to be putting it on. Feel free to email me regarding it. Russ it would also be necessary to know what type of laser and power you have. Settings are required in photgrav

Frank Corker
02-17-2007, 9:05 AM
Russ pm me your email address - I have done a file from the photograph that you listed there and it's 28 power to 100 speed. 45watt Epilog like you have. Worth a try