PDA

View Full Version : Tool/Respirator Gloat

Christopher Stahl
02-16-2007, 7:34 PM
Look what just arrived last night. I decided to splurge for another respirator. This is the Speedglas ClearVisor with Adflo PAPR Sytem, High Efficiency Multi Gas and Vapor System. Made by Hornell and recently purchased by 3M. NIOSH 42 CFR 84, OV/SD/CL/HC Cartridge and the ClearVisor is ANSI Z87.1-2003.

Sorry, the photos are not great, but I snapped some as I was taking the parts out of the box. I'll be using it over the weekend and putting her to the test. Now I have a Trend Airshield, 3M Airstream and now a Speedglas ClearVisor with Adflo.

The belt is all leather and is quite comfortable around the waist. It also came with a handful of paperwork on all the certifications.

Christopher Stahl
02-16-2007, 7:35 PM
Here are a couple more.

Jim Becker
02-16-2007, 8:29 PM
That looks like the perfect mad scientist setup, Chris!! LOL! Congratulations on a very fine gloat!

Bob Michaels
02-16-2007, 8:42 PM
Geez Chris, 3 major respirators. You're gonna be the best dressed Martian around with those things on your head. Seriously though, you're on the right track for protecting your health. Please let us know which one you like best for different situations. Nice gloat.

Pete Brown
02-16-2007, 9:23 PM
Chris, how do you like those? Do you have a beard?

My goatee keeps me from being able to effectively use anything other than a full face mask, and I haven't sprung for one of those for that.

Pete

Corey Hallagan
02-16-2007, 9:30 PM
Congrats on the new gear.

Corey

Paul Canaris
02-16-2007, 9:55 PM
Chris, am I looking at the correct model. One on line vendor seems to be charging $951? A bit hard to tell as a lot of them seem to be for weldiing applications.

Christopher Stahl
02-17-2007, 9:30 AM
Thanks Jim, it feels like a being a mad scientist. It's a nice setup.

Christopher Stahl
02-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I've become quite paranoid about what I'm breathing in and how I feel. I'm quite sensitive to fumes and the dust particles and I get headaches quite easily from them. I've always been this way, so using respirators has been a must.

I've decided to work my way through the respirators to find the best for myself, so I've ended up with a few of them. I've used the Trend for a while and now picked up the Airstream and ClearVisor Adflo.

I've had a handful of requests for a comparison of them. I've already started writing down my thoughts on the Trend which is easy to do since I've used it for a while. I'll be working with my 3Ms this week and I'll start writing down my thoughts throughout the week. I need to pick a charger for the Airstream, so it will be a couple days before I get it running.

More to come soon...

Christopher Stahl
02-17-2007, 2:20 PM
Pete,
I have a goatee and the CLearVisor works very well. I has a much nicer face seal than the Airstream and the Trend. The seal is adjustable with a pull string kind of device. It also sits much lower on my chin than the others, almost on my throat so the seal doesn't even touch my goatee.

Tom Jones III
02-19-2007, 9:04 AM
I did a google on "Speedglas ClearVisor Adflo" and all I got were links to welding shields in the $700-$1500 range, is this what you have?

Christopher Stahl
02-19-2007, 9:13 AM
Tom,
Yeah, you probably found the one I purchased. I purchased the system from Enviro Safety Products.

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/product/3M_Adflo_PAPR_High_Efficiency_Multi_Gas_and_Vapor_ System_with_3M_ClearVisor#