PDA

View Full Version : Corian sign pricing suggestions

Shane Silcox
02-16-2007, 2:51 PM
I just did my first corian signs last night. I hadnt planned on making signage when I got the engraver, so I didnt spend much time researching pricing. Any suggestions on what I should charge for the signs below? They are 8.5" x 3.5". The three color sign should be more expensive - that masking was a pain!

Thanks for your feedback-

Shane

Gary Hair
02-16-2007, 9:30 PM
A good place to start is minutes*$2.00 plus material cost * 3, then factor in the "perceived value". Ie. name badges 2" x 3". My material cost is about $0.71 with a magnet. In batches it takes about 40 seconds to engrave, I'll round up to a minute. It takes another minute to clean and attach the magnet (another $2.00). $2.13 materials, $2.00 laser time and $2.00 labor for a total of $6.13. That would be my minimum charge for a small quantity. I sell them for $8.50 each plus a $15.00 setup charge for a simple design. One badge costs $23.50, 10 cost $100.00. More than 10 and I would give a quantity discount.

Those look nice, I couldn't see charging less than $35 for the single color and $55 for the multi-color.

One question for you - didn't the customer ask for a price before you started the work?

Gary

Shane Silcox
02-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Gary-

Thanks for the input! They wanted to see options for signage and wanted pricing along with it. So these are a couple samples I put together, and wanted to give them pricing when I presented them.

Thanks again for your input on suggested pricing, it is some great info.

Gary Hair
02-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Gary-

Thanks for the input! They wanted to see options for signage and wanted pricing along with it. So these are a couple samples I put together, and wanted to give them pricing when I presented them.

Thanks again for your input on suggested pricing, it is some great info.

I guess that shows how observant I am - I just noticed that the name on the multi-colored one is yours...