PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the Forum

Belinda Barfield
02-16-2007, 9:10 AM
Good Morning to All,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself - formally (or not so). I have had the opportunity to interact with a few of you already.

I reside in the beautiful city of Savannah, GA, where we are having a bit of a cold snap :D with a high today in the 50s. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for St. Patrick's Day, which is rapidly approaching. St. Pat's is a huge "holiday" for Savannah and generates lots of tourism revenue. Come on down if you get a chance - we need the money!!

I am a partner in a company which fabricates lightweight stone countertops for the transportation industry. A year or so ago we purchased a 60 watt Explorer Laser Pro. The laser was purchased for a specific project and I haven't really done much with it since. One goal for the new year is to get this puppy producing. We also have a Camtech RMII CNC router so between the two machines I should be able to satisfy my workaholic, as well as creative, needs. :)

I have visited several of your forums on a number of occasions and found the folks here to be helpful, well informed, talented, and mostly friendly. I love to look at your photos - especially you turners. The work you all display is so beautiful! I look forward to learning something new from each of you.

Ralph Dobbertin
02-16-2007, 9:47 AM
welcome aboard!!

Kyle Kraft
02-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Welcome to the Creek....lots of good people and knowledge to be found here!

Tim Morton
02-16-2007, 5:19 PM
welcome to the creek...but a word of warning...alot of us are WAY north of you and would LOVE some 50 degree weather:D :D

Glenn Clabo
02-16-2007, 6:26 PM
Again...Welcome to SMC...and sorry about that introduction over on the other post. I have a feeling that you aren't someone who is intimidated though.:D

p.s. I like winter.

Belinda Barfield
02-16-2007, 7:19 PM
Tim,

I was just watching the Weather Channel. Wish I could ship some hot air up in a Mason jar. I gots plenty of hot air, it just don't travel well!

Belinda Barfield
02-16-2007, 7:26 PM
Glenn,

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the lovely compliment. I am not easily intimidated, which is not necessarily a good thing. Honestly, I intended to just follow some threads and hopefully pick up some pointers, but that other post just got to be too much fun.:D I love a good challenge, plus I got a feel for the personality of several of you guys. You, sir, are a true gentleman.

Brett Baldwin
02-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Welcome Belinda. I think you'll find a lot of good people here and knowledge in abundance.

Von Bickley
02-19-2007, 5:49 PM
Belinda,

Welcome to "The Creek"... Know what you mean about a cold snap. We spent this past week-end at Myrtle Beach / Surfside and had that cold ocean breeze.

For people that haven't visited Savannah, they have missed a beautiful city. Tybee Island is close by and is a wonderful beach to vacation at. Also close to the outlets at Hilton Head.

Take care and welcome....:) :) :)

Dennis Peacock
02-19-2007, 6:21 PM
Howdy Belinda,

Welcome to SMC and I hope you enjoy your stay here on the forum.

:D

Belinda Barfield
02-20-2007, 8:54 AM
Von,

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the nice things you said about Savannah. I lived in Augusta/North Augusta for about 12 years, so I am familiar with your area as well. Lexington is a nice town.

I kinda' miss the one or two "snow days" a year when we got ice and our entire town shut down. I believe our cold snap here is about over, high of 69 today. We're all just hopin' the warm weather will be here by mid March. Savannah is currently in practice mode for St. Pat's with less than a month to go to the big day. Those 12 ounce curls are gettin' old already! Can't neglect the training though . . . gotta' run with the big dogs. Stayin' on the porch just ain't no fun!!

Cheers!