PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Ray Mighells
02-15-2007, 9:25 PM
Hi Y'all, greetings from Del Rio TX, sitting on the bank of the Rio Grande, looking across to Mexico. Came down here to get away from the nasty New York winter, but so far weather has not been what I expected. We got here the 15th of Jan during the first and worst snow storm in recent memory. I-10 was closed coming thru San Antonio, and it snowed almost all the way to Del Rio, had to stop several times to clean the ice and snow from the windshield wipers. We are at the Southwinds Marina (owned by the US AirForce) which is right on Amistad Reseivor (Lake?). Would be great if the weather was better. World class fishing and tournements going on even in this s--- weather. Wish I was home with my laser.....just kidding. We went to Langtry to see Judge Roy Bean's place, which was interesting. Everything was the real thing and I was surpised every thing was so small. The saloon is only about 15' square.I bought along some wood to do some catch-up on my carving since I haven't done any since I got my laser last Feb. I meant to mention the shorline on this lake is 860 miles, the south shore being in Mexico. A very impressive body of water. I posted a few pics in my PT if you care to look: http://www.PictureTrail.com/razaxnstuff

George M. Perzel
02-16-2007, 5:58 AM
Hi Ray;
Sounds like you are having a great time and am sure you don't miss
all this snow we have in NY. Wood business is a little slow but have been keeping busy with a lot of new projects and ideas.
Don't get too close to that border as you might be mistaken for an illegal immigrant! See you in the spring.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Tom Buzz Bernard
02-16-2007, 7:48 AM
Ray,
I have had the chance to fish the Del Rio myself and it is one large lake.

I found even a novice fisherman as myself could catch something.

I would have never believed it could snow that far south - damn global warming :rolleyes:

Now you stay away from boys town if you cross over the border :cool: