PDA

View Full Version : Gonna laugh about this one, Jim

Brian Penning
02-15-2007, 8:22 PM
Date: 06-24-2005, 2:31 PM
Quote from Jim Becker`s reply regarding What is the next tool you will upgrade or buy?:
"I think my tool buying activities from here on out will largely be for Neander type things. The major tools are pretty much in place at this point...which is a good thing considering DINK-hood goes away "real soon now"..."

Suuuurrrre Jim...suure! :D

Jim Becker
02-15-2007, 8:35 PM
Oy veh! I've been caught! LOL :eek: :o :p :) :D

But seriously, it really did appear to be that way in June of 2005. In the end, my tool savings ended up not getting raided for the adoptions. (thanks to Dr. SWMBO's grandmother who was generous in her passing) A few options generated a nice return in the end, so I was able to make that "last tool purchase" (of 2006 :D) after all. And then there is the savings by doing the cabinetry for the addition. (Isn't rationalization fun???? :) )

Where there is a will...there is a way...

Dennis Peacock
02-15-2007, 8:59 PM
You tell him Brian..!!!!!! :p :p

Nothing like be reminded eh Jim? :rolleyes:

Been there and experienced that.:o :D

Jerry Olexa
02-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Its called tool envy and most of us have that addiction:D :)

Jim Dunn
02-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey Jim got it at cost------Right Jim?

Paul Wingert
02-16-2007, 8:52 AM
(Isn't rationalization fun???? :) )

Yes, I "saved" so much money replacing our windows myself, that I was able to afford a cyclone. Or at least that's what I tell myself. If the windows didn't need replaced, I'm sure I could've come up with another rationalization.. I thought I was done buying big tools a couple years ago too.

John Schreiber
02-16-2007, 9:14 AM
I hope nobody's looking back at my posts to see if I'm consistent. ;)

Heck, I hope nobody's looking at my life to see if I'm consistent. :D

Don Bullock
02-16-2007, 9:43 AM
Oy veh! I've been caught! LOL :eek: :o :p :) :D...

Jim, we all have to eat our words at some point, especially those of us who post a lot on forums. It's great that things worked out better for you than you thought they would.;) :D

Jeffrey Makiel
02-16-2007, 9:46 AM
Hey Jim...no more promises! You are addicted to wood dust and will do anything for a fix!

By the way, Wednesday night is one of my Wood Workers Anonymous meetings. What time shall I pick you up?

-Jeff :)

Jim Becker
02-16-2007, 10:22 AM
By the way, Wednesday night is one of my Wood Workers Anonymous meetings. What time shall I pick you up?

'Wish I could go, but I have the play "Mr Mom" that night since Professor Dr. SWMBO has a meeting of her own to attend "downtown". :p