PDA

View Full Version : Wixey CS

glenn bradley
02-15-2007, 7:14 PM
The LOML, ya gotta love her. For Valentine's day I got her something special as usual. She asked me what I wanted and then got it for me. I mounted my new Wixey planer DRO to my DW734 only to find that the battery was dead. I replaced the battery with the supplied spare and got some erradic readouts. I assumed this was due to the second battery being weak.

I emailed Wixey from their website and got a great response right away. Now how cool is that?

"Glenn;

I am sorry to hear about this problem with your readout. I am assuming you purchased this from one of our retailers. It really sounds to me like your readout is actually defective since we have never found that a replacement battery was dead. I do not think a new battery will cure the problem unless the display is very weak and almost invisible.

I would be happy to send you a replacement readout so that you only need to replace the black readout box and not the entire set up. You can leave it attached to your planer.

The fact that your battery was dead when you received the readout tells me it was an older model that has been around a while. The new models we have greatly improved battery life and an auto shut off function.

Of course you can return the whole product if you like but if you want the readout replacement send me your address and it will be on its way. I have attached the instructions for doing the replacement so you can see what is involved.

Barry Wixey
Wixey
email digital@wixey.com (http://us.f822.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=digital@wixey.com)
web site www.wixey.com"

Jeffrey Schronce
02-15-2007, 7:22 PM
Cool! And you'll really like it once you get it up and running!

John Miliunas
02-15-2007, 7:31 PM
Yup. Barry is a class act. No doubt about it. Like Jeff said, once you get it squared away, I'm sure you'll love it. :) :cool:

Glen Blanchard
02-15-2007, 9:15 PM
Yeah, it's a great product as are Barry's other DRO's. I love the angle gauge and table saw fence DRO as well. CS is great!!

Jim Fox
02-15-2007, 10:46 PM
I still need to mount the unit to my DW733. I also picked up the Angle Gauge and the fractional calipers. It may be little, but it impressed me that the Angle Gauge and the Calipers both came with an extra battery. I'm guessing they ship one extra battery with each order or something. But to me, shipping an extra battery spoke loudly to me on their service. Plus, items were promptly shipped and protected well.

glenn bradley
02-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Jim,

Your mounting will be almost exactly like mine for the planer. I found that their shortest "stop" screw (they send three lengths) was too long. A metric M6 - 1.00 x 10 worked perfectly with their frame and jam nut. Very easy install.

Alan Lilly
02-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Calibration is quick and easy...
I have a digital caliper as well, so I wanted to double check the accuracy.
So I planed a piece of scrap and checked the wixey readout...
The wixey said 2.257
I measured the wood with my digital caliper and got the exact same independant reading!

I realize that the accuracy of the wixey could be slightly higher or lower, but I've consitently gotten matched readings on multiple tests. I'm stunned each time!

My wife just got me the wixey digital angle gauge. Can't wait to try it.