PDA

View Full Version : Chisel storage (pics)

George Conklin
02-15-2007, 4:04 PM
The more chisels I acquire, the more homes I need to create for them.

Anyway, here's how I store mine.

Check out the rack on the left. I made two little pockets to hold those diamond sharpeners. The sharpeners were always taking up space on my little bench. This keeps them handy and nearby, but out of the way.
58008 58009

John Hart
02-15-2007, 4:07 PM
That does it!! Tonight, I'm going out to the shop and I'm going to take a picture of MY tool storage method. This will allow folks to see the "Elite" (George) and the "Dregs of the Universe" (Me);)

TYLER WOOD
02-15-2007, 4:17 PM
Your supposed to put your tools away? HUH mine never make it off the end of the table saw that I have my lathe clamped to.

John you are not the dregs of the universe until you see my setup.

2 table saws spaced about a foot appart. lathe stacked on top of them. Tools always rolling off the end of the saws with a clank clank clank... CRAP have to resharpen that one!!!!!! and the two sets of pliers under the ways so I can move the tailstock and tool rest, and the piles of wood shavings hiding the face plates and drive spur that are lurking below!

OHH and the unused shop vac between the two saws and the air compressor under one of the saws with the blower on it (unused as well).

Bernie Weishapl
02-15-2007, 4:18 PM
I warned you in the last post George. Now you gone and push that Hart fellow over the edge.:eek: :rolleyes: ;) Nice looking racks George. I am going to revamp mine in the next couple of months. I like your idea.

John Hart
02-15-2007, 4:24 PM
Good one Bernie!! :D :D

Norman A Stratton
02-15-2007, 4:38 PM
How do you get the tools out of the rack? Do you lift them out through the top, or lift them up until the heal clears the lip of the box and pull them down from there?

I'm just putting my shop back together after "finishing" the walls with plywood. So I'm looking for a better way to store my tools. Right now only my carving tools have been mounted on the wall again. Those are hung from the neck with the handles up. But the balance of turning tools is a bit different, so I don't think that arrangement will work for them.

To tell the truth, I've only got about 5 turning tools right now, but I expect I'll be collecting a lot more. It seems every new project I attempt I learn something new and want a new tool to make it easier.

Barry Stratton
02-15-2007, 4:44 PM
You mean tossed in a box full of shavings. sawdust, and "other" things isn't the best storage???????

and WELCOME to the Creek Norman........:D and fine last name you've got there....

Andy Hoyt
02-15-2007, 4:49 PM
Storage?

Je ne comprends pas.

Be advised that English is the language of choice here.

Rich Stewart
02-15-2007, 9:47 PM
Nice rack. Where is the lathe?

Corey Hallagan
02-15-2007, 9:59 PM
Nice set up George!

Corey

TYLER WOOD
02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
OK there shall be no saying nice rack around here!!:eek:

Nice storage compartment? fine
Nice storage arrangement? fine

But not nice rack!!

Andy is that FRENCHIE you speakin'? OHHH LALA!
Sorry I just had to. The voices told me to.

Bill Wyko
02-16-2007, 11:22 AM
I'll get you a pic of mine:D My big dollar router table has become one heck of a tool holder.:eek:

Rich Stewart
02-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Nice place to put your tool. Where is the lathe?

Andy Hoyt
02-16-2007, 1:26 PM
....Where is the lathe? Otis a vendu sa moutarde.

Remerciez Dieu!

Rich Stewart
02-16-2007, 1:47 PM
Hmmm. Wasn't Otis the town drunk on Andy Griffith? Moutarde must mean mustard in latin. So lemeesee here. George is really Otis and he owns a mustard lathe and thats why it ain't in the peecher. Did I get it Andy?