PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Been to Woodcraft Yet?

Dennis McDonaugh
02-27-2003, 1:05 PM
I'm going over in a couple of hours to pick up a blade for my stanley 112 and maybe a book or two. I can't afford to get what I'd really like to grab--the new milwaukee 3 hp router. Happy shopping.

Mark Mazzo
02-27-2003, 1:44 PM
Dennis,

I just got back from there. I got a Rousseau router table insert for my router table and a couple of knobs to finish up a mission style cabinet that I have been working on (I hope to post pictures soon). The place was pretty busy...but you probably could have guessed that ;). I would have liked to get a few other things too, but decided to get out of there before I spent too much. Have fun shopping.

-- Mark

Chris McKimson
02-27-2003, 5:24 PM
I went at lunch. Pretty busy, but I didn't see guys loading up the "big iron" like I thought I would. Last year it seemed like I saw guys buying PM66's and a couple PM719As going out the door at the same time.

Picked up a Clifton 3110 plane. I little BD present to myself a day early. :)

Chris

Bill Grumbine
02-27-2003, 6:47 PM
Hi Dennis

I just got back from our "local" Woodcraft. Local means about an hour away. I've been meaning to get there for a while, so a friend of mine and I took a road trip and checked the place out. I spent a whopping $5.00 for a stop collar which will be affixed to the spindle on my Legacy. My buddy Bob did not get away so easily, spending close to $100 for some hollowing tools. During the course of my visit I was able to make a contact with a new turner who will probably be showing up in my shop in the near future for some "guidance". ;)

Bill

Bill Sams
02-27-2003, 6:58 PM
I blew It!! I ordered the ultimate Sjoberg Bench without the storage boxes. I've been meaning to make a bench, but can't seem to fit it in my schedule. I'll make the next one. The store is about 90 minutes away.:)

Dennis McDonaugh
02-27-2003, 7:43 PM
Yeah, I ended up with the intended scraper blade and an assortment of ebony pen turning blanks. I'd like to have gotten the milwaukee router, a corner chisel and maybe a new dado blade, but there's no way SWMBO would allow anything like that since we just got very bad news from the accountant about income taxes.

Mike Circo
02-28-2003, 11:07 AM
I am starting to worry. I may need some therapy.

I went to the Woodcraft 10% off sale yesterday.

I left with.......................

NOTHING.

Help me I may be sick.
;)

Dennis McDonaugh
02-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Mike, we all need to form a circle around you and hold hands while chanting. I'm sure it'll cure you.

Peter Gregory
02-28-2003, 5:07 PM
Don't tell my wife, but I just bought 4 or 5 of the top items I "needed" for my shop. I'm starting to sell my stock portfolio to cover the credit card bill.

Tom Sweeney
02-28-2003, 5:20 PM
You didn't come all the way down to Downingtown did you? That store is about 5 minutes away from me.