PDA

View Full Version : Lowes is dumping many porter cable products.

Kurt Forbes
02-14-2007, 11:11 AM
It may pay to check out your local Lowes. They are putting most of their porter cable tools on clearance.
I have gotten 2 1/4 sheet sanders
a pneumatic nailer kit containing finish stable and brad nailers
and a plate joiner in the last week. All at very good prices

Sanders were $16 each and the nailers and joiner were both under $100 each.
Hopeing the dovetail jigs get clearanced also.
Just a heads up for anyone looking to score some decent tools.

On a related note what would be a good price to resell the plate jointer for still new in box?

Jim Fox
02-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Checked one here yesterday, just for reasons of seeing if anything was on clearence. Nothing of value. I'll have to check the other location.

Kyle Kraft
02-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Wanna race?

Jim Fox
02-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Well the West Main one didn't have anything Kyle.........gotta check Westnedge yet.........but this time of year I don't make it that way very often.

Kyle Kraft
02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Me neither. It would have to be a special trip. I usually only get good deals because I accidently stumble upon them.

Kurt Forbes
02-14-2007, 12:43 PM
My wife works there so she has been calling me every morning to come buy the latest discounted item.
Today was the 557 plate jointer. At sub $100 the price was too good to pass up even thought it isnot on my list of things I "need".

David Cramer
02-14-2007, 2:31 PM
The 557 plate jointer was under $100? That is a bargain and a half, and then some! They won't be selling anymore Porter Cable? That is surprising. I'll be by my local store after 5p.m. this evening, and if they have one, it's mine! Thanks for the tip!

Dave

Tim Malyszko
02-14-2007, 3:11 PM
The 557 plate jointer was under $100? That is a bargain and a half, and then some! They won't be selling anymore Porter Cable? That is surprising. I'll be by my local store after 5p.m. this evening, and if they have one, it's mine! Thanks for the tip!

Dave

They had the 557 on clearance for $73 last week at the Lowe's down the street from me. I was about 10 minutes too late before the last one was snatched up.

I was able to get a PC 6" VS ROS for $20.

The Lowe's tool guy said he thought they were introducing some new models that were specific to Lowe's.

I wonder if Porter Cable is doing something similar to Ridgid and coming out with a line exclusive to Lowe's that are similar to the Lowe's color schemes???

Al Killian
02-14-2007, 6:01 PM
Well if porter cable does start makeing a Lowes brand, it will probaly be cheap stuff and be crap! Hopefully they are just changeing out old stock in preping for a newer( maybe upgraded) line up.

Luke McFadden
02-14-2007, 6:29 PM
I'm going to go look at my Lowes today hopefully. It's new, so I doubt they will have any products that they are wanting to move like this. But I hope so! I'd love to get my hands on a lot of Porter Cable power tools.

Matt Lentzner
02-14-2007, 6:43 PM
After I saw this thread I hustled over to my local Lowe's during my lunch break. Not only was there no PC stuff on sale, but I didn't see any at all except for a Circular Saw. Maybe they already cleared it all out.:mad:

Carroll Courtney
02-14-2007, 9:14 PM
I went to two Lowes today and nothing was on sell.No plate jointer,sander was 54.00 and the belt was 229.00 and the routers was not on sell either.Wish they had the plate jointer!I would buy it.

Tim Reagan
02-14-2007, 10:44 PM
No closeouts in so cal. by me.

David Cramer
02-15-2007, 7:26 AM
No luck yesterday evening at either of my 2 stores. The tool guy said they were "blown out the first day". I guess ya gotta know about these things or happen to just be there that day. Again, the 557 for $73, that hurts to have missed that one. I wouldn't have even had to have check with my wife for that purchase. Oh well.

Dave

glenn bradley
02-15-2007, 10:14 AM
My local had PC stuff but not discounted. Maybe it's a regional thing. Lowes is funny, I've gotten some really good (and strange) deals there; items being blown out because they're not going to carry them anymore . . . and then they continue to carry them(?). Oh well, strange business model but good for us, eh?

Ted Miller
02-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Glenn, What Lowes did you go to in what city...

Kurt Forbes
02-15-2007, 11:09 AM
actually I got the 557 for $70 which is why I started the thread. It was marked down to $79 and I got a little more dropped off of that.

Justin McCurdy
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I checked with all the local Lowes and the 557 seems to be a special order item in this area. I think that HD sees a lot more of the upper end PC tools. Doh.

Laurie Brown
02-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, I just wasted 2 hours and $10 in gas to go to every Lowes in my area without luck. They had very few PC tools at all, and what they had was all at regular price. Not a plate joiner to be found at any of them.

Jim Fox
02-15-2007, 1:34 PM
Nothing at the Portage one either Kyle

Paul Wingert
02-15-2007, 3:48 PM
Well if porter cable does start makeing a Lowes brand, it will probaly be cheap stuff and be crap! Hopefully they are just changeing out old stock in preping for a newer( maybe upgraded) line up.

Come on, don't get your hopes up. When was the last time a big box store upgraded it's tool line? :) I can't remember a single case.. It's always been "push out the better stuff for cheaper crap".