PDA

View Full Version : Here we snow again!

Nancy Laird
02-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Dateline: Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Picture taken about 15 minutes ago in my back yard - 4-6" on the ground and still coming down. LOML has taken about an hour to go 6 miles toward work; guess who isn't going to brave the elements?

Who said it doesn't snow in New Mexico?

Nancy

David G Baker
02-14-2007, 10:47 AM

Picture taken about 15 minutes ago in my back yard - 4-6" on the ground and still coming down. LOML has taken about an hour to go 6 miles toward work; guess who isn't going to brave the elements?

Nancy
Nancy,
My Son lives in Albuquerque NM, about 6 weeks ago he sent me some photos of the snow that he got. It looked like it was close to a foot deep. He has 8 kids that had never seen snow. Boy did they have a ball. This sure has been one weird weather year. I live in Mid Michigan where it has been much colder than normal but we have only had around 8 inches of snow on the ground. The 8 inches has not melted in about a month. I love it, don't have to plow my 300 foot drive way to often.
I sure wouldn't want to be in the area of New York where they have over 10 feet of snow.
David B

Nancy Laird
02-14-2007, 11:15 AM
I have a friend who lives in northern Wisconsin, and he sent pictures of his yard the same weekend we had our big snow - NO SNOW at his house, yet we were fighting a record of 18". Go figger! I think he may have gotten 3-4 inches total at his house this season thus far.

Nancy

Rick Gibson
02-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Been looking after my grandaughter for the past week while my son and his wife were vacationing in Cuba. We got 6 inches dumped on us overnight and guess what his plane landed in Toronto at 1:30 this morning. Took him 6 hrs to get home. Normally takes him 3 to drive from Toronto to Windsor. Nice welcome back :D For those of you who can't go to Cuba from the initial reports you aren't missing much. Service was poor and you had to line up for everything from food to drinks.

Jim Becker
02-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Granular ice here...

Andy Hoyt
02-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Coming down good here too. Four inches in the last hour alone. Ye haw!

Glenn Clabo
02-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey Rick...Windsor? That's where DrLOML is from.

Glenn Clabo
02-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Coming down good here too. Four inches in the last hour alone. Ye haw!

Raining here on coast...:mad:

Art Mulder
02-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Took him 6 hrs to get home. Normally takes him 3 to drive from Toronto to Windsor.

Yeah, the London airport is shut down this morning.

...art
(Hmm, usually takes me 2hrs to get to Toronto or 2hrs to get to Windsor, and I live inbetween them... ;))

Eric Sabo
02-14-2007, 1:04 PM
Yep, getting about 2-3" an hour here. Up to well over a foot, mabe even a foot and a half at this point... from basically nothing. Supposed to get p to 4" an hour before the end of the day. Something like 36" total. Definitely is long over due - I love this stuff.

Nancy Laird
02-14-2007, 1:23 PM
Eric, where is "here"?

Rick Gibson
02-14-2007, 2:00 PM
(Hmm, usually takes me 2hrs to get to Toronto or 2hrs to get to Windsor, and I live inbetween them... ;))

I know what you mean Art, takes me an hour and a half to get to their place from Bothwell driving at the speed limit, they do it in about an hour.

I used to work with a Rudy Mulder many moons ago when I was in the Kincardine area any relation?

Eric Sabo
02-14-2007, 2:08 PM
Ah! I thought I had my location in my profile. "Here" is Upstate NY, just north of Saratoga, if you are into horse racing.

David Dundas
02-14-2007, 2:53 PM
Never get snow, or even frost, here.:D

David Dundas

Mark Pruitt
02-14-2007, 3:34 PM
All we have is COLD and WIND. Seems like that wind oughtta help get that lathe here a little quicker. I'm gettin' restless dangit!:mad:

Ted Miller
02-14-2007, 4:12 PM
If it makes anyone feel better, 69 degrees and sunny here...

Joe Pelonio
02-14-2007, 4:20 PM
Here it's 44 and light rain. Supposed to be sunny on the weekend though.

Andy Hoyt
02-14-2007, 4:47 PM
We now have about a foot or so total. And it's still coming down. Wahoo!

Tim Morton
02-14-2007, 6:35 PM
I'm about an hour east of Eric and we are getting hammered as well:eek:

Southern vermont has about a foot or more we are just getting started.:cool:

Don Bergren
02-14-2007, 7:58 PM
We now have about a foot or so total. And it's still coming down. Wahoo!

I'm on the coast and we are up above freezing and it's been raining for three hours or more. We got a fair amount of snow and sleet, but nothing that compares to you inland folks. When this stuff freezes it's going to be a nightmare. I'd take a foot or more of fluffy stuff over 6 inches of this wet stuff.

Eric Sabo
02-14-2007, 9:08 PM
It basically slowed down here... 33" in the front yard. Lots more digging to do tomorrow.

Hope everyone else stayed safe.

Jim Becker
02-14-2007, 9:55 PM
Definitely a fun day, despite my need to play "Mr Mom" while also holding down about 5 hours of conference calls.

Professor Dr SWMBO came home a little early after slogging into the city on the choo-choo to teach her class...5 students showed up...so she got in on the frolic, too.

Mike Heidrick
02-14-2007, 10:24 PM
We got 13" here in Bloomington, IL. Deere and I pulled a suburban out of a drift at about 1:30am last night. Very cold.

Paul Downes
02-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Went out today to cut more wood. Was a nice balmy 15 deg. but felt a might colder with the 15 mph winds. Been dropping down to 0 or below every night. Supposed to get a heat wave this weekend of 32 or so. I really don't mind. if you work fast enough you don't bet cold. It sure is better than wet soggy fields like we had through the end of the year. I'm not really sure how much snow we've got on account of the winds averaging 15mph daily with some days going up to 25 mph. Hopeing to get into another woods tomorrow and get after a real nice spalted maple. Michigan always has lots of weather. the saying goes "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 min.":D

David G Baker
02-14-2007, 11:23 PM
It is 2 above and dropping here in Farwell Michigan still no snow falling.
David B

Ned Bulken
02-15-2007, 7:08 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/Nbulken/stillgoing.jpg

that was just about the last gasp. we're now digging out.

John Hart
02-15-2007, 8:00 AM
Right now, we have -2F, not a cloud in the sky, almost no wind, and 20" on the ground from this storm. Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!
Just finished digging out this morning and got the girls to school.

Yesterday was another story.

The girls spent the snowday digging tunnels and caves...the dogs chased the cats, I spent the day snowblowing for absolutely no reason at all. By the end of the day, it looked just like it did in the morning....and we weren't going anywhere.:rolleyes:

Got some shop time though! :)

Jeffrey Fusaro
02-15-2007, 11:25 AM
tuesday night was the worst. freezing rain. trees and power lines down everywhere. fortunately, we were without power for only a little over an hour. others are still waiting... we've got utility crews from three states here lending a hand to restore power.

last night's temp was around 0F.

schools are all closed.

roads are clear.

still in the single digits, this morning.

can't help being in awe of the beauty, though...

Jason Anders
02-15-2007, 1:06 PM
Beautiful pictures Jeffery. It was -36 F(minus) here this morning without windchill. About 10" of light fluffy stuff laying around. Thank God no wind the last couple of days. Supposed to warm up tomorrow into the +20-30 just in time for the predicted wind of 50-60 mph wind gusts. Makes it way too cold out in the shop to do much of anything even with a little insulation and a small propane heater. I think if we ever get to build a house it will have a basement with a room set aside for a little indoor shop;)

Jim Becker
02-15-2007, 4:45 PM
You have some great shots there, Jeffrey!

Rick Levine
02-15-2007, 9:53 PM

Nancy

I'll go you one better.
Some day my shop will be finished!:confused: