PDA

View Full Version : How to Get My Picture in Member Profile?

Peter Stahl
02-27-2003, 1:03 PM
How do I get my picture into my member profile (or whatever it's called here at SMC)?

Peter Stahl
02-27-2003, 1:07 PM
I tried to attach a file (my picture) to the last post but I guess I did something wrong? Is there a secret to that? Does it need to be linked to a web site?

thanks, Pete

Ken Salisbury
02-27-2003, 1:23 PM
The picture used on the left side of the posts is referred to as an Avatar. You can do that by going to the your user cp (left hand button on top row of Forum pages) See the avatar section of your "options" You can upload a picture directly from your computer to use as your Avatar. NOTE:picture size must not exceed 50 pixels x 50 pixels.

For your second question - Yes you can add a pic to your posts directly from your computer using the "attachment" feature on the post screen. Here is the explanation of that from my Tips Page:

4. When using the "Attach File" feature to insert a picture from your computer, preview your text message first and then browse your computer and enter the desired picture. Do Not use "preview" after entering the picture information or it will delete that info and will not include the picture in your post. You are limited to 1 picture/post using this feature.

You can get more Saw Mill Creek Usage tips here:
<p align="center">
www.klsal.com/creek.htm

Peter Stahl
02-28-2003, 6:53 AM
It took a while for light to go on and figure it out. After I read the instuctions a couple times it began to sink in. ;) The picture I used is from a cheep digital camera, I'll try and attach it's bigger brother here.

thanks, Pete