PDA

View Full Version : That table design...again?

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 12:41 AM
I am thinking to do a take off of my Cramer table design that I built about 12 years ago...it still looks interesting ..I designed and built a few pices of furniture for the first Cramer home I designed a dozen years ago...the home pictured is about 4 years old ...the furniture moved here now. Table is cocbola , birch and stainless steel. The bed and rolling nightstands are my work as well. The ceiling is mahogany and Kalwall....floors are concrete

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 12:48 AM
It is not a big machine , but pretty in its own way:confused:

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Views and windows....ehh!:rolleyes:

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Beaches...wind and stone:confused:

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 1:00 AM
water water every where;)

Tom Sontag
02-14-2007, 2:13 AM
Huddled in the snowy midwest I truly appreciate these shots - a wonderful escape - but did you forget to include one of the table mentioned in your subject line?

Stephen Stokes
02-14-2007, 6:52 AM
I have to agree with Tom. As I sit here in SE PA working from home due to the sleet that I hear as I am typing this. Thank you for the get-away!

Beautiful home!

Stokes

Dave Hale
02-14-2007, 7:19 AM
I disagree with both of you! I think Mark should refrain from posting these 'gloats' until I can stop having to stand at the train station in 18 degree (feels like 2!) weather. It's just making me more miserable. ;) I will agree that is a gorgeous home........

Larry Fox
02-14-2007, 8:37 AM
Mark, I gotta tell ya - I don't know if there is a table in there or not, I can't get past the overall look and design of the house to look for one. The houses that you have designed and posted pics of are absolutely extraordinary. I have a completely untrained eye but I know what I like and you design what I like (but can't afford). My earlier offer still stands - I will trade my cramped center-hall colonial in Chester County PA for one of your houses any time you are ready. :)

Jim Dunn
02-14-2007, 8:39 AM
Well let's see hmmmm. It's 8 degrees -6 with the wind chill 6" of snow and sleet on the ground.

I/we deserve nice warm pics on a morning like this. Thanks Mark:)

Mike Heidrick
02-14-2007, 8:54 AM
Do you live there Mark?

Absolutely Beautiful nonetheless!!

Last night at 1:20am I was pulling a random stranger's Suburban out of a 5' snow drift with the Deere out in front of the house dressed in full artic Carharts and a scarf tied around my face and safety glasses on (ice chips hurt at 40mph). So much wind and drifting snow they stopped the snow plows at 4:00pm yesterday. Enjoy the tranquility you have this time of year.

Brian Doris
02-14-2007, 9:04 AM
Stunning house.
Regards

Art Mulder
02-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Mark there are so many photos I got lost... I think you mean the coffee table pictured in the first post when you say "table" ?? Have you got another photo of it? It looks ver interesting.

The view is stunning, and the ceiling is nice too. You need a bright house to pull off a dark wood ceiling like that, and this one does it.

Not sure about the bedside table... I don't understand what the point is of putting four fixed wheels on a night table. What am I not seeing?

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Art the tables pull forward for breakfast in bed....could be Valentines or another day:rolleyes: So what you do is pull it forward....the wheels begin to roll....put orange juice (a liquid made in California) and cofee,,,,oatmeal...eggs...over medium...crispy bacon, hold the grits, and home fried potatoes....Sunday Paper....a little plasma Tv...one thing leads to another...pretty soon you have dirty dishes on a couple of rolling tables:rolleyes:

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I think it is a bit hard to find...but I designed and built a few things in the home...and the home as well...(its not mine...its a client's)
Bedroom set....12 years old
Coffee table....12 years old
Dining Table.....12 years old
Tray on dining table ...it was posted on SMC about 3 years ago and was a house warming gift,,,,although thee sun shines here:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
02-14-2007, 11:21 AM
A very nice "warm up", Mark...we have a couple inches of granular ice on the ground right now.

chris fox
02-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Mark, very nice home. But I think your house featured in Western Interiors last year was a tad nicer. I guess it was the artifacts from your Bali trips that set it apart. Are those three legged chairs in the kitchen stable??

Sorry to spin the thread...but in the pic showing the shower, is that limestone on the walls? Also the bath cab in the master, is this Mahogany? I am deciding on Walnut or Mahogany for our floating bath cabs.

Again nice work, right up my alley. I cant say I am digging out snow like the others its 70 here in Phoenix/Scottsdale. I feel for them I used to live in Columbus, OH.

Chris

Matt Guyrd
02-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Nice Mac-Daddy grill on the patio (lanai?) too!:D

I am particularly fond of the sitting/reading area with the beautiful stone wall and fireplace. With the vast amounts of glass, it really gives me an outdoor feel...like sitting around a camp fire (with much greater comfort).

It is spacious with great lines...and surrounded by nature.

Are the large glass panels on the West (?) facing wall fixed? They appear to be from the exterior shot.

What a beauty.

Matt

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 2:39 PM
Mark, very nice home. But I think your house featured in Western Interiors last year was a tad nicer. I guess it was the artifacts from your Bali trips that set it apart. Are those three legged chairs in the kitchen stable??

Sorry to spin the thread...but in the pic showing the shower, is that limestone on the walls? Also the bath cab in the master, is this Mahogany? I am deciding on Walnut or Mahogany for our floating bath cabs.

Again nice work, right up my alley. I cant say I am digging out snow like the others its 70 here in Phoenix/Scottsdale. I feel for them I used to live in Columbus, OH.

Chris

That was my place in Western Interiors....It is a nice place to live....the workshop should have been bigger....darn Architects:rolleyes:

Dan Larson
02-14-2007, 9:44 PM
Beautiful Mark... absolutely! Curious about the concrete floors... they have a nice sheen... how are they polished & finished? I'd like to see more/better pictures of the table. By the way... that's a serious chunk of cocobolo!!!:eek:

Dan

Mark Singer
02-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Beautiful Mark... absolutely! Curious about the concrete floors... they have a nice sheen... how are they polished & finished? I'd like to see more/better pictures of the table. By the way... that's a serious chunk of cocobolo!!!:eek:

Dan

It is 1/4" venner I resawed and applied to an MDF substrate

Michael Keating
02-15-2007, 3:09 PM
Mark,

Great looking house. I love the (if I am wrong I apologize) mix of almost an industrial feel (use of steel and concrete) with modern accents (furniture cabinets, and finally wood ceiling). Really nice.

Mike

Jim Becker
02-15-2007, 3:17 PM
Michael, I've had the pleasure of seeing a few of Mark's home designs "up close and personal" and his use of material and space is exquisite. Even if his very modern style isn't to your liking, it's hard not to feel comfortable in the homes he designs. A good part of this is because he truly embraces the environment inside AND outside of the home to best advantage. In fact, it's sometimes hard to directly tell where the inside or the outside begins it's so well integrated.